What's new

Sony HIL-C1 Hi Vison/Muse Laserdisc player: no remote, some cosmetic scuffs, works perfectly (1 Viewer)

MetalSlugger

Auditioning
Real Name
Dan M.
Hello all! New member here with a specialty item that I really don't know where else to sell. It's a Sony HIL-C1 Hi-Vision/MUSE laserdisc player in perfect working condition and good cosmetic condition. This is a Japanese unit that is capable of playing Hi-Vision/MUSE laserdiscs as well as regular laserdiscs. I stumbled upon this unit at a thrift store of all places and just couldn't resist picking it up; I intended to use it for my own home theater but found out that I would need a $200-300 MUSE decoder for the MUSE discs. The player works perfectly but does not come with a remote (searched all over the store for it!). There are some cosmetic scuffs from the thrift store (grrrrr) which include some scratching on the top and a few chips in the corners of the wood veneer. I can include audio/video cables if necessary. $300 OBO...sorry if this is too high but I can't find any past sales of this item to gauge the price. Local pickup in the Twin Cities, MN area only since this beast weighs too much to ship.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Now I'm kicking myself for not having looked into the HTF classifieds in a few months. This is exactly what I need for my research, but I don't know whether it's still available. If only I had jumped on it when it first came up!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks