What's new

Sony DVP-NS315...anyway to mod? (1 Viewer)

scottWI

Agent
I am wondering if anyone has this DVD player or similar and are able to modify it simply using a remote controller so it can play all regions' DVD's?

Thanks for any help.

ps) I've been to that DVD hack site and it was to no avail.

scottWI

Agent
yes, that is the site i was at, but nothing that says you can do it with a simple remote. there might not be any way. just wondering if someone here has done it.

Irina

Second Unit
Real Name
Irina
Yes, I saw that many people are trying to find this information. The entry from June 09, 2005 entered by Chris ( at the bottom of the page on the previous site) indicates that Sony DVP-NS315 and Sony DVP-NS325 use the same steps. Also, search Sony DVP-NS325 here:
http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/000059.html

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Fom what Ive read, nearly all US SONY players must be moded with a chip or a cable of some sort.
In the UK, they seem to allow it, as you can rent a remote that will flash the NVRAM of the player for all regions.
There is actually a company that does this, but I dont remember the name.
Also, even if you could mod a US SONY player-I dont know if they include a PAL to NTSC converter inside.

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit

The company I would recommend for this in the UK are DVDChips it costs under GBP20, there are also a couple of businesses trading via ebay who offer this.

All UK Sony DVD players do not convert the colour standard eg a PAL disk is output to the TV as PAL and a NTSC disk as NTSC. Your TV therefore needs to be able to do the conversion so it is correctly viewable. I read this was because Sony believe doing the conversion within the DVD player degrades the quality a bit rather than letting the TV do it if required (ie in Europe if its an NTSC disk).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks