What's new

Sony DAV-DZ120K speaker connectivity query (1 Viewer)

acemccloud

Auditioning
Real Name
Unmesh
Hi Folks,

Greetings! I am a new member here and this is my first post. My apologies if I sound like an idiot in my post, but I wish to make an honest attempt to explain my issue.

I have a Sony DAV-DZ120K Home Theater System and its about 3 years old now. The warranty has expired long time back and the DVD player (the one that came along with the Home Theater system) has started playing up.

I tried taking my player to a Sony service center but they are charging me a lot of money. So I think i just need to replace my dvd player with a new one. But then i found out that the speaker connection ports at the back of my DAV-DZ120K player are not standard, so I cant just go buy a new 5.1 support dvd player and plug it in. The plug that goes from the speaker cable into the player looks like an RJ11 connector. And most of the new dvd players have RCA ports at the rear.

So I wish to know if there is any way I can connect the existing speakers (with the RJ11 like jack) to a new 5.1 dvd player with RCA ports. Please let me know. Thanks in advance!!!

P.S. Can someone please tell me what kind of port is it through which the speakers are connected to the rear of the player?(which look like RJ11 connectors)...

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Hi Umesh. Welcome to HTF!

I'm afraid that 'box' system does not let you replace parts, add outboard speakers, add another DVD player, etc. The ability to mix and match is one of the things you gave up with the low price.

For example - that unit puts the DVD drive and the amp in 1 box. Most DVD players only produce 'line-level' signals and cannot power speakers.

You might want to look into some of the box systems from Onkyo where the receiver, DVD player and subwoofer are all separate self-powered box's. These run about $400-$900, but have the advantage of being upgradeable with other parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks