What's new

Sony Blu-ray remote overrides Sony TV remote (1 Viewer)

nickgarlick

Auditioning
Real Name
NickGarlick
I have a Sony Bravia 40" TV (KDL40W705CB). I also have a Sony Blu-ray player (BDP-S7200).

The OPTIONS button on the Blu-ray remote offers (among other items) some preset viewing modes (Theatre Room, Brighter Room etc). The same button on TV remote offers the chance to adjust colour, brightness, sharpness etc while watching.

Here's the problem: When I watch a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray remote overrides the TV remote and the only OPTIONS I can choose are the Blu-ray remote presets. I cannot change any of the individual picture elements.

I've been back to the shop where I bought the TV. They've never heard of this problem. Has anybody on this forum had a similar experience and found a solution? If so I'd really like to hear about it.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Remotes can’t be pre-programmed, so your best solution is to get a different brand of blu-ray player. Barring that, the only solution will be to set up each component with the settings you want and then leave them alone. You’ll have to block the IR receiver on the component that you’re not adjusting.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

nickgarlick

Auditioning
Real Name
NickGarlick
The problem is now solved and it was indeed to do with the Sync button/option on the TV remote. I pressed that, and was taken to a menu that enabled me to make the TV remote control the TV. Sounds a little strange, but if I don't, then BD remote options rule. Thanks to all who replied.

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks