What's new

Sony BDV-IS1000 S-Air Problems (1 Viewer)

MrTorch

Auditioning
Real Name
Philip Sidkoff
I've had the DAV-HDX576WF system for years and couldn't figure it out.
I thought it was a good system, but couldn't tell if it was because it kept unlinking.
Your little tip works perfectly.

steveinglis

Auditioning
Real Name
steve Inglis
Guys I have a BD 1100 and S-AIR packed up when we moved to the new house and has not worked since. I removed every RF device in the house. No better. Repaired the connection about 30 times, still no good.
I have now Synced them again with some Tinfoil added to the transmitter and set to channel C as opposed to A
All now working great. Thank you
Note check the little Red LED taht sits at the back of the Sub unit, it tells you if you have synced the units, but the front Green LED is not always telling the truth
Enjoy

wannabeee

Auditioning
Real Name
mick
hi will -ive had the same problems in the past -a real headache -found the other day in moving my unit that by accident i changed the id on the unit by the rear speakers -so it wouldnt pair together -even had looked at it 3 times but just didnt pick up i had done it.also as in my previous post -i had to have my tv set to home cinema before it would all connect up -also you could try swapping the s-air units from one to the other -good luck and get to reading those manuals if you have them -they are pretty confusing mick

tomjv

Auditioning
Real Name
thomas venditto
Ha! "FIXED" mine!
The Short Story;
Set DEC to "Pro-Logic"
The Long Story;
I had a green light, but no sound from the S-Air speakers.
The earphone would work when plugged in.
DROVE ME CRAZY!
Finally, I thought I'd reprogram the sound levels, thinking it may jar the system.
When reading about how to do this, I stumbled onto DEC setup(whatever that is).
I set the DEC menu to Pro-Logic and voila! SOUND.
DONE-
TomJV

plugs

Auditioning
Real Name
Thomas steel
Hi guys, I too have a Sony S air system, bought at great expense 4 years ago, along with a Bravia TV, bass amplifier, multiple speakers... Etc. Nothing but trouble from day 1. After eventually(6weeks after purchase) getting it to work, almost the same time every year, the green light starts to flash, and no sound from S air unit. It goes back to Sony, £65 to repair, and works for another year! Something wrong here?
I am going to try the tin foil idea, followed by the EZW-EC10 cable ....

Turtleboy

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom Gaboian
You guys rock! Just joined to say Thank you. I wrapped the card on my receiver with foil and it works great. I also had the 2.4Ghz router and always though that was the problem. :cool:

Mike67

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
Thanks! My s-air had worked fine until I had to change my DVR and ran new HDMI cable to the TV. I could not figure out why the surround sound and head phones would not work afterward. I wrapped the s-air unit in tin foil and it works again.

filipesa

Auditioning
Real Name
Filipe Sá
Hi!I'm writting from Portugal, so my english is not the best, sorry for that!I had the same problema with my BDV IT1000. The s-air receiver did not work. After testing a lot of possible configurations I think I solved the problem...I just connected the tv in a diferent "wall electrical conector"(!)!!!! I had no more problem with the SAir Receiver!In the same electrical cable I had the BDV, the TV, the Box of digital TV, the router, etc... Only change the TV conector I solved my problem, maybe some interferences...I hope I could help you!The BDV IT1000 (or IS1000) is absolutely fantastic!Try this and tell me if it works with yours BDV!Greetings from Portugal!

The new transmitter rests away from the HDMI slots and now the program performs wonderfully. Wish that allows anyone who has experienced this issue.

JeKel

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff
THANK YOU ALL for your help. I also have had this issue for years, and have tried many of the knuckleheads at Sony to no avail.
Today I even referred them to the dialogue on this site, and they concluded they could not help me. I hung up and called back.
Fortunately, the thrid time today was the charm. I got a very helpful young woman named Grace and provided the part number listed on one of these posts ( Assy EZW-EC10). She determined that the proper part number is A1567858A. So now I await this thing in the mail. Until then, I tried the tin foil application mentioned on another post, and it worked!!! Sony should be paying you guys to be their Customer Service Dept, because aside from Grace, they suck!

A4orce84

Auditioning
Real Name
Johnny
Hello Everyone,

This might be a long shot but I stumbled upon this thread for the exact same issues with my S-air unit (cutting in/out). Does anyone know where I can purchase the extension (EZW-EC10) unit online? I tried the tinfoil, and while it does help, I still have some issues from time to time.

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks