What's new

Sony Archive MOD (1 Viewer)

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
May's slate looks fun. Seems to be a healthy B-adventure wave of films rarely seen.

Sony's also been dealing a pretty healthy dose of early talkie Tim McCoy/Buck Jones westerns that look absolutely fantastic with their new transfers. Fans of those early Columbia oaters will surely be pleased with The Fighting Marshall.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
The Walls Came Tumbling Down had been announced in this thread for release on 3 June. Does anybody know if this will be released imminently as I cannot find any pre-order information. It stars the delightful Marguerite Chapman, one of my favourites from the 1940s/50s.

rdf8585

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
rdf8585
Keith Cobby said:
The Walls Came Tumbling Down had been announced in this thread for release on 3 June. Does anybody know if this will be released imminently as I cannot find any pre-order information. It stars the delightful Marguerite Chapman, one of my favourites from the 1940s/50s.
The TCM Shop has a pre-order: http://shop.tcm.com/detail.php?p=585988&mobile_browser=on

ValLewton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex Renskoff
Yes to the Whistler series. Those and the Crime Doctor would be great for the TCM vault series.

FrankXS

Second Unit
When will Sony/Columbia bring forth from their vaults the last "classic" Joan Crawford title "THEY ALL KISSED THE BRIDE" ?
I know....Letty Lynton from her MGM years.......but Warner has explained umpteen times about the rights issues.

ValLewton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex Renskoff
They All Kissed te bride would be good in a TCM Theme package with Bedtime Story(1941) and A Woman of distinction(1950) plus others as Leading Ladies of the Golden Age comedies. I would rather see these Columbia movies in box sets then single releases.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Keith Cobby said:
Got mine (ordered via Amazon) and it's from a great, sharp print! I highly recommend it to any '40s mystery or noir (or even light comedy) fans.

rdf8585

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
rdf8585
Classicflix.com has news on the July titles:
Alibi for Murder (1936) - William Gargan, Marguerite Churchill

Canal Zone (1942) - Chester Morris, Harriet Hilliard, John Hubbard, Larry Parks, Forrest Tucker, Eddie Laughton, Lloyd Bridges

The Stork Pays Off (1941) - Victor Jory, Rochelle Hudson, Max 'Slapsie Maxie' Rosenbloom

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
David Steigman said:
I think these are with Columbia but Id like to see the Whistler series get an official release...any fans of that series with Richard Dix ? :)
Isn't there rights issues with a couple of those films?

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
August titles - good news is all of them are new to DVD:

Abajo el telón ( Drop the Curtain ) (1955) [Cantinflas]
The Big Boss (1941)
Cafe Hostess (1940)
East of Fifth Avenue (1933)
El bombero atómico (1952) [Cantinflas]
The Tiger Makes Out (1967)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks