jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Ordered and it went through without a hitch. Thanks for the info. Five disks, five noirs for 16 bucks! Happy New Year!!

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Yes, great tip--(one reason) why I love HTF. All the Sony titles are at $16.16; given that they only ever fall as far as $14.95, I picked a few others up too.

Pete York

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by jdee28 /t/303760/sony-archive-mod/870#post_4019177
This set is currently priced on the Warner Archive site as if it's a single disc film, at $16.16.
http://shop.warnerarchive.com/product/film+noir+collection+1000380265.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=Search

Shannon Tweed does not, to my knowledge, star in any of those films.

In all seriousness, has anybody else noticed that 'Shannon Tweed, Sam Hennings, Colleen Coffey' are listed at Amazon as starring in hundreds of films they don't actually star in?

John's link reveals the same glitch at Warner Archive.

Bizarro.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Pete York said:
Shannon Tweed does not, to my knowledge, star in any of those films.
In all seriousness, has anybody else noticed that 'Shannon Tweed, Sam Hennings, Colleen Coffey' are listed at Amazon as starring in hundreds of films they don't actually star in?
I first noticed that Shannon Tweed nonsense a few days ago. I don't know how long it's been going on. The other two I hadn't noticed.

Martin Teller

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Teller

SnowBrian

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian McMann
I just got my copy of "I Dream of Jeannie: 15 Years Later" today and was amazed at how great the image quality is. Glad to see they make sure even these lower-demand films get decent picture and audio for those who want them. Has Sony ever issued any statement about "I Still Dream of Jeannie"? I seem to recall early reports of the complete series set indicating that 15 years later might be included, but no word on Still. Do they perhaps not own the rights to that one? I'm sure they do, hence why I found it a little odd they didn't release the two films together. Don't mean to complain too much, I'm grateful we finally got the first one!

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
There have been a few duds in terms of picture quality from Sony. Black Moon (1934) is one that I was disappointed in; poor contrast, fuzzy picture. But overall, Sony is very good when it comes to transfers, edging out Warner and obliterating Fox.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Again, Grover Crisp does top-notch work, but he only can do so much with the materials he has, and sometimes they're generations away from the OCN. BLACK MOON may not look great, but it's a lot better than it was before, and unless something else turns up, it won't get any better. Mike S.

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
March 5 titles: 5 Against the House (1955) ** Available in Columbia Pictures Film Noir Classics 1 Adventure in Washington (1941) Anatomy of a Murder (1959) ** The Big Gusher (1951) The California Trail (1933) Goya in Bordeaux (1999) ** The Hireling (1973) The Lineup (1958) ** Available in Columbia Pictures Film Noir Classics 1 Oklahoma City Dolls (1981) Death Goes North (1939) Party of Five: The Complete Fourth Season (1997-1998) Worst-Case Scenario: The Complete First Season (2010 ?) ** previously released on DVD

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Why ANATOMY OF A MURDER, which is readily available from Criterion? Is this is a reissue of its fullframe disc? THE HIRELING is welcome.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Bob Cashill
Why ANATOMY OF A MURDER, which is readily available from Criterion? Is this is a reissue of its fullframe disc?
Didn't Sony issue an anamorphic widescreen disc of Anatomy of a Murder before Criterion issued their Blu-ray? I never bought it; I just kept the old full frame one until the Criterion came along, but I thought I remembered the company issuing a letterboxed version.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Charles H said:
What happened to THE IRON HORSE?
I've been trying to figure that out as well. My guess is they were going to release it as is and not remaster it like the Born Free release but then had second thoughts. If that guess is right it probably means they are either remastering it now or had 2nd thoughts about spending the money to remaster it. If anyone has any confirmed info please let us know.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
GregoryMesh said:
March 5 titles: 5 Against the House (1955) ** Available in Columbia Pictures Film Noir Classics 1 Adventure in Washington (1941) Anatomy of a Murder (1959) ** The Big Gusher (1951) The California Trail (1933) Goya in Bordeaux (1999) ** The Hireling (1973) The Lineup (1958) ** Available in Columbia Pictures Film Noir Classics 1 Oklahoma City Dolls (1981) Death Goes North (1939) Party of Five: The Complete Fourth Season (1997-1998) Worst-Case Scenario: The Complete First Season (2010 ?) ** previously released on DVD
I'll give Death Goes North a try. That's a new one on me. Sorry to see so many previously-released-on-DVD retreads so soon from Columbia. Shades of Universal Home Video...! :(

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Camps said:
Sorry to see so many previously-released-on-DVD retreads so soon from Columbia. Shades of Universal Home Video...! :(
At least Sony still has standards for what they release, unlike Universal whose standards disappeared circa 2011.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
jdee28 said:
At least Sony still has standards for what they release, unlike Universal whose standards disappeared circa 2011.
Agreed. Pretty much everyone else is head & shoulders above what Universal's dissolved to....

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
jdee28 said:
...and Fox has no standards at all! :D

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Apparently Universal is including 4 of their Amazon Exclusive Vault titles on this upcoming March release of 10 Classic Westerns. Here is the Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Westerns-Collection-Akim-Tamiroff/dp/B00AMDA2OY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=HPT3ZMTMD6B3&coliid=IDZHTP75ISWQ8 "Tomahawk", "The Texas Rangers Ride Again", "Comanche Territory" and the 1946 version of "The Virginian" are all Vault titles that will be included with 6 other previously released titles on this set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks