What's new

Sony Announces 1st wave of June Blu-Ray titles (1 Viewer)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
http://www.davisdvd.com/news/blu-ray.html

Cruel Intentions
A Few Good Men
Hellboy
Jerry Maguire
Seven Years in Tibet

MSRP $28.99
No other details listed except DD and PCM tracks.

I'll pick up Hellboy if it's the DC and probably A Few Good Men and Jerry Maguire.

Now bring on Lawrence of Arabia, Bridge on the River Kwai and the Spidey flicks for Wave 2! ;)

Jon Moss

Stunt Coordinator

Jim, the Hellboy Blu-ray has just been released this week in the UK. Apparently it is the Director's Cut, as Amazon.co.uk list the running time at 132 mins (as opposed to the 122 min theatrical version).

dkny75

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Danny
You sound very certain about that. Is there something we should know?

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay

Certain? No. I have no information, just that June is a ways away and I can't believe all those titles are coming out on the same day.

EDIT: I've edited my original post to include "probably," lest anyone get the wrong idea. Still, has there been a press release?

Rolando

Screenwriter
Well a few of those a tempting but price is a big deal for me. see if I was the type to own my 10 or 20 favorite movies I would not care how much those 20 movies cost. On my relatively small income (for a guy with a wife and 3 kids at home) and my fairly big love of collecting (over 350 titles owned) price makes a huge difference.

Granted I am not like most guys here who count their DVDs in the thousands but 350 to 500 titles is huge compared to the average consumer.
Now I don't expect HD-DVD and BluRay to sell titles at $5 Wal-Mart cheapie bin prices but my cut off is about $20. That is about what I paid for the HD DVDs so far. I have bought a dozen, brand new and all (including a combo disc) and all paid between $16 and $20 each either through special prices, matching sales and a boxing day buy 2 get 1 free promo.

Now If Dracula came out as a Special edition or Toy Story on BD or Jaws on HD-DVD I might go up to $25 MAYBE $30. But for 90% of catalogue titles $20 is my max. Don't get me wrong, I want to buy Predator, Comando, American Pie, Charlie's Angels, Die Hard Resident Evil etc on release day. and I would at $20. not more, no way. If T2 can be $19.99 then so can any Arnie movie. If Warner is selling their Catalogue jewels at under $20 then so should Fox and Colombia.

Fox and Colombia need to come down in price not Warner and Uni putting theirs up.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

Well, then these shouldn't be a problem for you. The MSRP is only $28.99, so you should be able to get these for about $20 or less from places like amazon.

Seems like any BD there with a list price of $28.95 is priced down to $19.95.

A $29 list price for HD DVDs and BD is really pretty damn good, as long as you aren't paying list price and buy from somewhere that discounts (amazon, etc...)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks