What's new

Sony 755 SACD hook up (1 Viewer)

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
I hooked up the 5.1 connections and no sound. Since I had an extra set of connectors I connected the 2 channel out puts to the receiver and "Music"!!!
then, did you select/assign your receiver/pre/pro's external or multichannel inputs?

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Most Multi Channel Hi-Rez players require that you first enable the 5.1 analog outs (at least my Pio and Denon do).

So, Job 1 would be a peak in the menus of the player. Thats also where you will find the Bass Management stuff (normally refered to as speaker size).

Then, as Scott said, you need to make sure that the AVR is selecting the 5.1 input. My guess is the player needs to have the 5.1 outs turned on.

And yes, Boston is a 2CH title, but if you are able to enable the 5.1 outputs, you will get the same content from the L/R stereo pair and the L/R pair of the 5.1 set.

Here is a link to a Hi-Rez set-up guide put together be several members over a year ago. It could use an update, but it is fundamentally correct, AFAIK.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...22#post1800722

BGL

Dan M~

Second Unit
Thanks everyone. I needed to turn on the 5.1 inputs at the receiver (set to external decoder). Seems to be working now.

Now I need a 5.1 SACD.

Dan M

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks