What's new

Sony 1252Q $300! Pick up in Allentown PA only! (1 Viewer)

RANDY FISHER

Second Unit
Sony 1252Q $300! Pick up in Allentown PA only!
I have had one of these collecting dust in my basement for about a year now. I am a designer for a A/V contractor and I got it from a company we were re-doing some meeting and conference rooms for. It works but probably needs to be re-tubed. I have the remote, many documents that I have collected from the net over the past year pertaining to the projector(manuals, throw charts). It has an RGBHV and an S-Video input card and I am sure it scans high enough to do HDTV with a component transcoder (or direct VGA). It weighs ~175lbs and I don't have the mount. I am getting ready to move and would like to get rid of it as I don't want to drag it with me.
It works as I did fire it up but it's just to big and heavy for me to move around by myself and I have no place in my town house with a throw distance long enough to properly test just how bad off the CRT's are. The best I was able to get were (3) separate images (red green and blue) from the laptop screen saver I was using to attempt to throw an image on my kitchen patio blinds. I am in engineering for the A/V contractor I work for. Our sales person on the project it came from told me (2) of the (3) tubes needed to be replaced...the customer said no sell me a new LCD projector(much brighter in lumen, easier to set up, smaller, cheaper). They wanted nothing to do with fixing it so I asked if I could have it...they were using it for presentations in a large sloped conference room. If I remember correctly the lens spacers were set up for 150" diag. screen. I had thought about having our service dept. fix it but I just want to get rid of it. I am planning to buy a new house in the coming months and I don't feel like dragging it with me on the move. It's probably worth $300 for parts alone.
If you are interested email me:
days: [email protected]
evenings: [email protected]
Thanks Randy :)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
The act, condition, quality, or fact of converging.

Mathematics. The property or manner of approaching a limit, such as a point, line, function, or value.

The point of converging; a meeting place: a town at the convergence of two rivers.

Physiology. The coordinated turning of the eyes inward to focus on an object at close range.

Biology. The adaptive evolution of superficially similar structures, such as the wings of birds and insects, in unrelated species subjected to similar environments. Also called convergent evolution.
The 1252 can accept and display 1080i, but it probably cannot fully resolve the resolution. However- many RPTV sets marketed as HDTV could also be argued to not handle 1080 resolution completely. Some argue that no 7 inch CRT can do it.

Regardless, it can DO HDTV, I've seen it- it's just a question of if it is actually keeping up with the full cycles and res correctly.

-V

RANDY FISHER

Second Unit
Bump..come on people. Great starter projector for some do it your self tweaker looking to get into HDTV on a front projector.
Randy:emoji_thumbsup:

Mike Doherty

Auditioning
randy......

what ever happened to this unit?????

did you ever find a buyer? ( I'm looking for a parts unit)

mike

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor
I'm looking for a green gun if it would work in a 1001q? Maybe we can enough interested in the parts to get you the cash plus some.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks