Sons Of Anarchy: Season Six (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yep. Sutter has said next season is it.

I must be one of the few who is actively rooting for Tara to come up with a way to bring the MC down.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
mattCR said:
I must be one of the few who is actively rooting for Tara to come up with a way to bring the MC down.
I think I'm in the even smaller group who wants to see Jax and Tara somehow work out their problems and get back together (apparently, I'm a romantic). Honestly, it's tough to root for anyone at this point. Making a guy think his own mother killed their unborn child is pretty damn terrible. Even if her goal was to save her kids from being sucked into the black hole of SAMCRO, it's still reprehensible.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I don't understand what Tara is doing. She may still love Ajax but she knows they will assume she took the deal so she's good as dead.. Unless she actually takes the deal

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Since she wants out, Tara basically has two choices- she can rat or she can run and like you said, she still loves him to some degree so she chose to run. That being said, that option sure has the possibility of being bad for her health.

They're assuming that she's taken a deal but the district attorney lady will probably contact Jax to get an idea if he killed her or if she ran and when that happens, Jax will divine that Tara didn't make a deal. Either that or they'll track her down in a day or two (in the show's timeline) and see that she has no police protection and figure out that she just ran.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ Yeah and that is intended to be the last season. This is purely conjecture on my part but from interviews that I've read with creator Kurt Sutter, it sounds like he's not positive that he can fit everything into one year and considering how well this show does for FX, I wouldn't be shocked to see them go for the AMC route and have a two-part final 'season' (where they make a few more episodes than a normal season and play it over two years but still call it one season so they don't have to pay the talent more money and can also sell two Blu-ray/DVD sets).

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Lots of dead wood on stories that have been rolling along cleared away making room for better original conflicts to come. Bummed to see the Sheriff go, glad to see Tara go. Bring on Scarface Jax!

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I guess Jax being at the grave site of Opie and Donna was a foreshadow of what was to come. Now, it will seem like Jax will follow the same path, as Tara was killed off after a major misunderstanding.I knew that Tara's death was coming (thanks a lot Yahoo). What I did not see coming, was who would do the killing, and the fact that it was not ordered.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
mattCR said:
Really? I figure Jax is on the hook for a double homicide on top of his confession to gun running.
My read of the scene is that Patterson could tell that he was legitimately upset by Tara's death/didn't do it. Plus, since hours had passed (it was dark now), he'd be able to prove that he was somewhere else when the murders occurred. As for the confession, he hadn't confessed yet and now there's no reason for him to.

Walter C said:
I knew that Tara's death was coming (thanks a lot Yahoo). What I did not see coming, was who would do the killing, and the fact that it was not ordered.
I couldn't figure a way that Jax wouldn't kill Tara (even when they were in the motel, I was thinking "He's gonna choke her!") but once Gemma got partial info, I was pretty sure that a tragic misunderstanding was going to happen. What surprised me was Juice shooting Roosevelt. I had forgotten Juice was even there until he fired the gun.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
TravisR said:
I couldn't figure a way that Jax wouldn't kill Tara (even when they were in the motel, I was thinking "He's gonna choke her!") but once Gemma got partial info, I was pretty sure that a tragic misunderstanding was going to happen. What surprised me was Juice shooting Roosevelt. I had forgotten Juice was even there until he fired the gun.
Yeah, that motel scene had that same uneasy feeling as the scene where Jax was about to kill Clay, thinking Jax would go back on his word. And I was the same way with Juice, completely forgetting about him. And now with Roosevelt's death, that just puts more trouble for the club. As if they don't have enough already.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Walter C said:
And now with Roosevelt's death...
I was sad to see Tara go (though I have to imagine that since she was going against the 'heroes', there's a vocal chunk of fans that hate her) but I think I was more bummed by Roosevelt's death than Tara's. It was probably because I felt like the story was inevitably moving in the direction of her demise so it wasn't quite as shocking but when Roosevelt got shot, I was totally surprised and bummed out since the actor and character were pretty cool.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Yep, Roosevelt really grew on me. He came to represent how LE officers with good intentions could be twisted to make questionable choices due to circumstances beyond his control, I thought they could have made him fall even deeper into that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks