What's new

Sonotube wax ???? (1 Viewer)

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
Well, I have my sub up & "almost" running....:angry:

Everybody knows I am clueless when it comes to the pro-amp!
I am getting VERY little output out of my sonosub.
I have the amp bridged mono & SHOULD be getting 2400w
out of it.

Anybody have any suggestions?

pins are set as follows:
1 - on
2 - off
3 - off
4 - off
5 - off
6 - on
7 - on
8 - on
9 - off
10 - on

thanks in advance......Cam

EDIT: I also did my first soldering on this & am not positive I did a great job at the terminal if this might be a potential cause.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
For trouble shooting I hope you don't have the BFD in the circuit.

What channel 1 input are you using XLR or 1/4" TRS? If you're using 1/4" TRS I hope you're using a mono plug?

Do you have the front panel channel 2 input gain control turned all the way down, and front panel channel 1 input gain control turned up?

You need to turn on switches 4&5 because you want to parallel the inputs if you're only using one cable from the HK AVR7200 to the Behringer.

Also there maybe a miss match between the output level of the HK AVR7200 and the Behringer. This is rare but occasionally happens with pro sound amps.

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
OK.....did the above & got more volume, but seems as though I am only getting ultra-low freq. out (only way to describe it, possibly 25Hz on down) & it is still not loud, even with a short run up to full gain.

Playing my Tempest at same receiver setting would have been rattling the walls, & this kinda sounded like the boom-boom of a car stereo (lack of better description).

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Well maybe the crossover setting is off. Go into the manual setup mode and see what the settings are.

Is there a LFE output level in the settings of the HK? If so go in and turn it up.

If there's an output level mismatch then you'd need to get a little booster amp. That is a last resort.

Also switch #8 should be off

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor

Yep...lol.....to be "off" it is to the right, which is in the "on" column.

I was messing around with it, it is louder now for some reason, but still ONLY seemingly VERY low freq.

I am also now unable to set the XO for my rear surrounds, I can only change the fronts & center for some reason.

I will check out Tom's stuff...Thanks Thomas

Richard_M

Second Unit
Good idea Thomas to contact Tom.

I have spoken to him a few times, terrific bloke and very helpful.

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor

Yes, there is and it is still at "0"....I'm gonna keep it there for now till I mess with it more.
The volume does seem to be there, but like I say, it seems
as though it's really, really low.

I'm gonna run some test tones through it with my SPL
meter & will post later, but might not be till tomorrow.:frowning:

Thanks again.....

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
I'm going nuts here....I am trying to run my AVIA DVD & I cant get any sound out of my surround speakers. I have been messing with the settings, all speakers are currently set small. When I go to play anything, the receiver only shows
front L/R & Center as playing....

The only digital signal I can seem to get says Dolby D EX, would this be what I want?

I also noticed earlier today that when watching cable i was not getting any rear surround & receiver said
"3 ch stereo" & would not give me option to get rears..

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
For regular analog sources you will want to put the receiver in Dolby Pro Logic (or Pro Logic II if you have a newer receiver with that surround format) in order to get sound from the surrounds.

Also, make sure that the amp's low cut (high pass) filters are turned off. It is selectable from 30Hz and 50Hz. Since I'm on dial up it'd take me way too much time to look it up in the online manual. Just make sure that there are no filters active on the amp itself.

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
Thanks Brian,

Thats the way i had been doing it, but now for some reason it just "jumps over" that option & does
not allow me to pick it.

EDIT: I also am getting no sound from surrounds with
digital signals from my DVD player.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Have you told the receiver that you have surround speakers hooked up to it? Some receivers let you turn on/off the outputs to surround/rear speakers.

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
Hey Patrick,

Yeah, its kinda wierd....I have had the reciever for a few months now & now that I started messing with this sonosub it is acting strange.

I was messing with all the speaker settings last night to get my XO for the LFE set properly & when I put in my
AVIA DVD there was nothing coming out of the surrounds.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member

Let's forget AVIA for right now. Have you tried using the internal test tones in your receiver? That's the first place I'd start. If that works, then check your DVD player to make sure that it's setup properly.

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
Thanks Bryan,

just tried it......my AVR7200 has an "EZSET" feature...
I get no sound out of the rears now, or sub.

Richard_M

Second Unit
So Cam,

I would disconnect the cable from the LFE out of the AVR, check as Patrick has said that you have all speakers enabled in the setup of the AVR.

Run your processor sound sweeps to ensure that all your speakers are operational.

Just trying to determine if your LFE cable has a fault in it, or not this could be causing this strange behavior.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Either the EZset is broken or something else is going in.

Posts on some other forums don't speak very highly about EZset.

Also there are reports of florescent lights changing the units settings because (somehow) they impact the IR sensor, (weird, but true).........

Most processors give the user the ability to erase the existing settings, and return to the factory default settings. I'd do that, then go in and do a manual setup.

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor
I went back & checked again....all speakers set to small, sub on.

I hooked my Tempest back up & put everything back to as it was before trying the sonosub.

No surround or sub output.

My receiver tells you (by lighting up on the front)what speakers are playing....the front speakers are the only ones flashing at this point.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Is the receiver only playing the digital audio input from the DVD player (don't connect the RCA analog left/right cables from the DVD player to the receiver's DVD analog input)?

Is the DVD player set to output the digital audio bitstream or PCM? Bitstream is usually where the multi-channel digital audio format that the receiver needs for multi-channel playback (while PCM is just 2 channels of audio).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks