Sonic Nurse and Goo

Discussion in 'Music' started by Kevin C Brown, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

I've been spinning Sonic Nurse over the past two weeks or so. Like it a lot. Like it a little bit more every time.

They did an expanded version of Dirty. I think I remember seeing that Goo was going to be remastered and expanded too, but since it isn't out yet, I'm not sure I actually saw this now. (You know, getting old and all... [​IMG] ) ??

2. Jesse Lawson

Jesse Lawson Agent

There was an August 10 date for the expanded Goo posted somewhere. Earlier it had been announced on MusicTap that it would come out some time last year; obviously, that didn't happen. A Billboard article says it'll be coming out this fall. I can't find anything about it on SY's website. It was announced that there'd be an expanded Daydream Nation at one point, but I haven't heard anything further about this.

Sonic Nurse does seem to be getting better the more I play it. I would have liked to get a vinyl copy to divide up the sixty minutes, but haven't managed to find one. I think it's better than Murray Street. Latter-day SY albums seem better when they're more expansive, somehow.

3. John Milton

John Milton Second Unit

I've got the 2 disc expanded Dirty CD. Some of the extra songs are quite good but most of it I could do without. I will likely buy the expanded Goo CD as well.

4. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Jesse- You're awesome dude! [​IMG]

It's funny, I really like the Sister/Evol/Daydream Nation/Goo/Dirty period. I absolutely hated Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star when it came out. I could have done without Washing Machine too. But, now with Murray Street and Sonic Nurse growing on me, when I go back and listen to everything since Dirty, I like it all a lot more. I like to think that Sonic Youth has always been ahead of their time, and I just caught up with their post-Dirty material. [​IMG]

They hit SF in 2 weeks, and I'll be there. I'm kinda glad Lollapalooza went by the way side, because they're coming to a much smaller venue.

5. Khoa Tran

Khoa Tran Supporting Actor

Hey Kevin, if you're interested i have a couple of live shows, just PM me or IM me at floatation boy

6. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Aug 10th, baby! (In the latest ICE.) [​IMG]