What's new

Soni Chiba (1 Viewer)

BryanV

Stunt Coordinator
I think in 1996 there was a New Line release of three Street Fighter movies. They were available in wide screen and pan/scan and included trailers. All of this on VHS!!!!

Things are not so good DVD wise and we need New Line to give us the same treatment of this series on the DVD format.

I'm sure there is a market for it since you they could slap "Kill Bill" stickers all over it and maybe get Quentin to take part in some special features.

I have been putting off watching these movies untill a good DVD verison with the Japanese audio and English subs is released.

We need this major piece of cinema history.

Oh and Sorry for the title of this post LOL I forgot to change it to Sonny Chiba

Jay Gunn

Stunt Coordinator
I definitely agree, we need a decent release of some of his films, in particularly the Street Fighter series. I'm assuming New Line doesn't have the rights anymore, since there are numerous crappy versions of the films on the market right now. Most of those, however, have transfers that seem to come from the old New Line laserdiscs, so some of them look anywere from crummy to decent.
But yeah, it would be nice to get a OAR, anamorphic, remastered version with the original audio.
Speaking of which, does anyone know of any foreign versions of the Street Fighter films that are worth getting?

BryanV

Stunt Coordinator
Yes I read a review on Amazon that the Brentwood Communications version has a nice transfer but the Japanese dialog of the film was not subtitled.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Not sure who released it - Id have to check when I get home, but while not anamorphic the version I have looks alot better than my brothers and friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks