What's new

Directors Songs/Bands that have you scrambling for the radio dial (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Another vote for anything by Creed
And my #1 most hated song ever:
"We are the World"

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Those first 8 notes of "Old Time Rock N Roll" have me change the station right away too! I can tolerate it in the movie "Risky Business", but nowhere else! Why can't they play the Tangerine Dream music from that movie on the radio instead?

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Heart- Crazy For You

Red Sovine- Teddy Bear

Lee Greenwood- God Bless The USA

Formula Pop Country- Any

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
That blasted "Had A Bad Day Again" song. Whenever I have the misfortune of hearing the guy belt out his chorus, I yell for him to quit whining about his bad day...sheesh!:D

TimDoss

Second Unit
Way, way to many to list, but the latest is that no

talent ass clown Sugar Ray... why can't he just jump 'out the

window'???

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I vote for:

* Nellie Furtado (sp?) -something about being free like a bird

* Country Music

* Pretty much all classic rock that's been beaten into the ground over the past two decades

* That horrendous song by Pearl Jam, that would never have been released if they weren't super popular

* "American Woman" by Kravitz (shudder)

* The sound of the local DJ "Bender"

* The sound of Howard Stern (too bass, too boring)

* Dave Matthews, depending on my mood

* The "Hey mister, I really like your daughter" song (creepy)

To the Creed haters: Since they are one of my favorite bands currently, I suggest giving them a second chance. Especially their "My Own Prison" debut album. "Arms Wide Open" is possibly their worst song.

(writing this, listening to their newest CD "Weathered" :p) )

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I can't stand any pop music and definently have to change the statio away from that as well as rap and country.
Definently put a huge fat underline beneath rap as stuff that makes me want to change my station.:)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Anything by Rush. That guy's voice makes me long for the soothing sounds of fingernails on a blackboard. :)

Scott Barnhart

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
My #1 Song-That-Makes-Me-Physically-Ill is "Mister Jones" by Counting Crows (or something close to that), followed closely by "Tainted Love" by Soft Cell.

And to agree with a lot of other people - most modern Rap/Country/Top40/Rock is also an instant turnoff for me.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I first heard of Sugar Ray in the movie "Father's Day" with Robin Williams- at the time I thought they were a fictional group created for the movie; I was quite surprised when I heard they were real.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Creed

Rush

Led Zeppelin

ZZ Top

Pink Floyd

Eminem

Celine/Whitney/Mariah/Faith

B-52's

Kate Bush

Tori Amos

Eric_E

Supporting Actor
I can't believe you guys still listen to the radio at all. I haven't turned it on in over four years and I never go anywhere without CDs or my mp3 player. I'd just as soon eviscerate myself as listen to the same crappy music and annoying commercials played on the radio over and over, ad nauseam.

To quote the great Sagat, "Why is it, every time I turn on the radio, I hear the same 10 songs, 15 times a day, for 3 months? Man, FUNK DAT!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks