What's new

Directors Songs/Bands that have you scrambling for the radio dial (1 Viewer)

Mitty

Supporting Actor
You know what I'm talkin' about. You know that song which you have an almost physical reaction when you hear the first series of notes. A sound allergy if you will. If you don't change the station, or kill the volume, you may actually die! :) Naturally, there's a lot of dreck on the airwaves and there always has been, but I'm talking about the serious willies here.
For me:
Song: Bob Seger's Old Time Rock 'n' Roll - I hear those first few piano notes, and my fight/flight instinct kicks into gear and it's like life or death.
Band: Foreigner - ditto. Some songs (ie. Hot Blooded) are worse than others, but I can't stand a single thing they ever recorded, including Lou Gramm's solo career.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
-Rap music of today

-Alternative music from Nirvana onwards

-Most everything popular today besides Pink and No Doubt

-"Love Shack"

-"Macarena"

Sincerely,

John "Likes what he likes, and hates what he hates" Kilduff

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Anything by Celine Dion. Oh yeah, and that song: Puttin' on the Ritz by Taco. The good news is I think I have heard it on the radio just twice.

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
Don't know about the rest of the globe but in the NY Metro area there's a commercial for the Lottery using "If I Had a Million Dollars" by Barenaked Ladies (I think). Not only is it on the radio but on tv as well. And they play it over and over and over and over and over again. In the car or at home I change the station whenever this comes on.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
The worst song in the world for this was "Breakfast at Tiffany's" by Great Big Something(or something like that). This was one of those evil songs that would be stuck in your head for hours upon hours, even if you only heard a few seconds of it. I would have to plug my ears and leave the room everytime this came on. Of course it was one of those songs that radio stations loved to play 300 times a day back in the early 90's.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Just about anything on the Top 40 stations. Thank goodness for college radio!

Jon_B

Screenwriter
I really dislike that Uncle Kracker guy. That song "Follow Me" makes me ill. :frowning:
Jon

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
U2
Yeah... they suck.

My choices, even though I don't listen to the radio, would mostly be garage - I HATE GARAGE! I think only the English forum members will identify with me here! There's this really annoying wave of music sweeping the english charts at the moment, and its sooooo awful it makes my skin crawl!

So, in conlcusion, if I ever hear garage, I'm gonna be going to a different place!

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"Most everything popular today besides Pink and No Doubt"

I hope you aren't including India.Arie in that!!

I'll add anything by Lenny Kravitz!

Brent

Jim_F

Screenwriter
I've heard Stairway to Heaven enough times to last an eternity.

Whenever I hear any song by Air Supply, I feel like I'm suffocating.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I only listen to the oldies or classical station, which almost never plays anything I dislike. I have a large enough collection of my own CDs, which keeps growing.

But I don't really like "Sugar, Sugar," by the Archies.

But if I'm hearing music anywhere I go (restaurants, etc.) I actually complain to the management if I hear:

the theme from Friends

anything by a boy band

anything by Britney Spears and her slutty ilk

Madonna's version of "American Pie" (the original is a classic)

most 90s music

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Ditto on the "most 90s music", and I'll extend that to "most 00s music" as well... but what really gets to me is:

Any song that uses easily recognized samples, or worse yet, entire passages from popular songs from the 70s and 80s.

Remakes of songs from the 70s or 80s--I about had a seizure when I heard a remake of "Come On Eileen" at the health club. It's worse than Pan & Scan in my book.

KJP

Joe D

Supporting Actor
It seems to me that I'm the only one around my area that HATES Creed with a passion, but I now can see there are others, and that gives me hope.

Sean Todd

Grip
That lame song by Lifehouse that was played 50 billion times ("I've fallen even more in love with you...")-- YUCK!!!!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Another vote for Creed here. I don't mind most music on the radio (even Celine Dion makes me leave the dial alone), but Creed, and especially that godawful "With arms wide open", I just cannot stand.
/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks