What's new

Something TV homes rarely have (stumper) (1 Viewer)

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
If we're excluding the ceiling, are we also excluding ceiling-mounted items like fans and chandeliers?
I was also thinking along the lines of a vacuum cleaner, but I know Rosie uses one on The Jetsons. I guess Alice on The Brady Bunch would, too.
------------------
HTFsig.jpg

He obviously misinterpreted what it means to "be bullish."

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
was going to guess light switch today too.
Fireplace?
Stereo?
plants?
*looking around my house*
thermostat?
phone jack?
garbage can?
I know Cosby show in the 80's had everything in the kitchen, same with brady bunch, so not that.
pictures of themselves and family/friends?
dresser?
media rack? (to go with stereo, and dvd)
computer? (you could argue that not all households have em)
------------------
McPaul.
ICQ McPaul 121412168
[email protected]
"Would you like an extra large McPaul to go with that shake?"
McPaul is Canadian.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Okay, that's interesting but your assertion that most real houses have them is a little off. In my direct neighbourhood alone (over 80 houses) no one has screen/storm doors. Of all my friends houses only one has a screen/storm door. Now I'm speaking of the front door only since I don't walk into strangers back yards.
------------------
Evidence of my obsession.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I thought they had a screen door on the Brady Bunch, but I was going to guess 'no glass on the windows'. BTW, I don't have any screen/storm doors on my house.
Glenn

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I guess it's a regional thing. NO ONE 'round these parts lacks a screen door, unless it got blown away with the latest twister.
Brady Bunch did not have one; they had those double doors, but no screen/storm doors.
And I forgot about Kramer's :)
Jon
------------------
--Owner of the North American rights to the small-orange-for-a-head joke. http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/005319.html

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
A few ideas....
Cable TV - They always seem to make a big deal about how expensive it is, yet almost everyone I know has it, if not a satellite dish!
Garbage can - I suddenly realized that I have never noticed a garbage can. All I can remember is a trash chute on Friends.
A bookcase - You could justify that it'd be rather boring to watch people who just read books. Although one of the new specialty channels in Canada may beg to differ....

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Cable TV: Good one. Don't know if I've ever seen a cable box.
Garbage Can: Don't recall seeing an indoor/kitchen one, but have seen some outdoor/garage cans.
Bookcase: Ward Cleaver had an impressive library in his den. Also Mad About You, Frasier, and Mary Tyler Moore.
Also, have you noticed that when sitting down for a meal, there is never a diner with his back to the camera? Even if it's an oval table, and there are four eaters, they're positioned very unnaturally - close together, and facing the camera.
Jon,
not denying the He-Watches-Too-Much-TV declaration.
------------------
--Owner of the North American rights to the small-orange-for-a-head joke. http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/005319.html

Ken Wagner

Stunt Coordinator
I think I've got it. How about a cross or crucifix? I don't remember ever seeing one. I would think they would want to stay away from relieous artifacts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks