What's new

Something that's always nagged me about !D4 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Because filmmakers seem to have a Hard-on for FA-18s. I guess they like the design, but they use them for everything, even when no one would EVER use an F-18 for a task

BTW- The exact same FA-18 model shows up in Godzilla and The Omega Code

Michael*K

Screenwriter
The thing that always bothered me was how they got an apple to connect to ANYTHING, let alone an alien computer.
Doesn't seem off the mark, since Macs had network cards built in standard long before their backwards thinking Wintel counterparts. :D

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
The alien ships are MAC compatible. Think about it. They are a far more advanced civilization than us, so it would only go to reason that they would use superior operating systems!:D

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

They were thinking of you, as there is a whole series of dialog in the car where Jeff goes waaaay out of the way to explain that while most cell phones are unlisted, his ex-wife specifically keeps hers listed in the book in case of emergencies.

Ah-ha...

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
So we could build a faster PC compatible ship for half the money?
Not any faster (measurements for mac's clock speeds can't be measuresd by MS/Intel standards, since PowerPC G series chips are specifically made for the mac os), but certainly more prone to crashing into planets.:D

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
...but certainly more prone to crashing into planets.
Touche'!

Actually, the reason the Mac ships crash is because they haven't been able to find a Mac version of the guidance software.

Ok..Ok.. I have skewed this thread way OT. I am sorry.

The film is silly fun, but certainly in no way believable. But you really shouldn't over-analyze these types of popcorn movies.

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
But at least they made sure to have some realism in the movie, like the comfort I feel knowing that if need be, cropduster pilots and off-the-street schmoes can jump in a F-18 and beat the shit out of anything else in aerial combat.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
cropduster pilots and off-the-street schmoes can jump in a F-18 and beat the shit out of anything else in aerial combat
..ties in with Battlefield: Earth so nicely, don't you think? ;)
The fact that Randy Quaid's characters last moments were actually shown on the screen. That just grates my cheese every time I see it (which, thankfully isn't that often anymore) :D

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I LOVE this movie, as silly and downright ridiculous as it is. It's not meant to be connected to reality in any way, and you either have to accept that or you don't. At least it's CONSISTENTLY unbelievable, unlike some movies where they try and keep everything real, only to have something like a fist-fight with nuclear-bomb sounding punches or a car that drives through a locked steel gate without getting damaged come in and ruin everything.

This is one of the most annoying things in movies. Don't they teach this in acting school?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks