What's new

Something for Everyone (1971) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
150297_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
By all means let us know what it looks like. I think most of us already know that the film itself is wonderful. I've been holding off ordering it until I see some reviews.

Eastmancolor

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Harwood
I watched the disc last night and am happy to report that it looks very nice. Picture-wise the color is quite vibrant. Some minus density dirt here and there. There are some shots sprinkled throughout that are a little dupey looking. These are not optical shots (fades, dissolves) so it's unclear why they have lost a couple of generations of quality. Still, they're brief. The opticals are a little rough, but that's to be expected. Splice bumps at shot changes are present. Likely only to annoy film techies like me.

Sound-wise, this was apparently sourced from a track negative. Pops and clicks from time to time, even an un-blooped splice, which was surprising. The track is somewhat muffled with a bit of distortion. Not bad by any means, it just sounds a little "thick."

Having only seen this in a faded 35mm print, the Blu-ray is a revelation with its gorgeous hues. An excellent film too. If you're a fan, it's a must-have. Those who haven't seen it, give it a try. I'm thrilled that this has landed on Blu-ray!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks