What's new

Somebody call Pioneer and tell them to break out the software fix because it EXISTS! (1 Viewer)

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
So I sent in my 563A to get the upgrade about 2 weeks ago and still have not gotton it back as of yesterday ...anyhow I came home and there was a message from the service center that I sent it to.

I called the service center first thing this morning and was informed that they did not have any of the discs to test the machine...if fact Pioneer sent them a list.

My machine was the first to get this fix they said, as of before last monday players in the CO area were being sent to Wizard Electronics in Kansas City to be upgraded.

Tele-Vue in CO , where my player was sent called Pioneer and Pioneer overnighted a disc to them so that they can start upgrading these players.

Apparantly the hardware fix is not longer needed...there IS a software fix because my player got it.

Anyhow I am a little irritated now because I had to spend $10 to ship the player just so Tele-Vue could run an upgrade disc in it.

BTW I was abit skeptical so I asked him how the upgrade went and from start to finish it sounded legit, he even said the player display says the upgraded has taken.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
What fix is this for again? I havent been following up much recently on the 563...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks