What's new

Some Superbits suggestions (1 Viewer)

John O

Stunt Coordinator
Since you guys have got me buying almost all of your Superbits titles ( sorry about Johnny Mneumonic :) ) I would like to list a few more titles I would buy.
Das Boot
Pink Floyd- The Wall
Starship Troopers
Immortal Beloved

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
I've seen people discuss Superbits titles, but they never tell what they are. Is it a new series of DVDs by Columbia/Tri-Star like New Line's Platinum Series or Infini-film series? Please let me know, as I don't want to be left out of the loop. hehe. :)

MickB

Agent
Das Boot and Starship Troopers would be great as long as the Superbit series offers better picture and sound. IF they really wanted them to be Super, this line of DVD's would have Dolby Digital EX and NO edge enhancement.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
How about full bit rate 24 bit, remixed DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 whenever possible, or new DTS 24 bit/96 kHz when only a 5.1 mix can be done.
And NO EDGE ENHANCEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Das Boot is too long of a movie to be able to really get a high video bitrate, DD5.1 and DTS on one disc, so if they did it, it would have to either be a flipper (again) or split between 2 discs ala Dances with Wolves and the upcoming Pearl Harbor.
Following Columbia's trend of choices for Superbit titles, I think a likely candidate would be Last Action Hero. Its a very colorful movie with alot of action and a very active soundtrack. Not to mention, its a first generation title, along with Fifth Element, Johnny Mnenmonic, Desperado, and Bram Stoker's Dracula...so I think it could happen.

John O

Stunt Coordinator
I would grab Last Action Hero in addition to the titles I mentioned. Anybody have any titles they would like to add to the list?

John O

Stunt Coordinator
I just checked Columbia Tri Star website and here are some titles that caught my eye.
Tommy
Cliffhanger
City of Lost Children
Hook
Leon, The Professional
Run Lola Run
Silverado

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member