What's new

SOME LIKE IT HOT.... on 5/10... from FOX??? (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by ahollis

Any one seen SOME LIKE IT HOT yet? And how about THE HORSE SOLDIERS? I am a little wary to pick these up until I hear some thoughts. Well that should be order these, since Best Buy, Target, and Wal Mart are not stocking the titles in their stores. No wonder sales are down if you can't pick up titles locally and one of is a classic comedy with a classic cast and the other is just one word JOHN WAYNE!

I've watched most of The Horse Soldiers BRD and it's far from being the best it could be, but at least it's finally in OAR and does look better than the DVD. The quality of the video varies throughout the film from very good to very mediocre.

I'll try to view Some Like It Hot and The Misfits today and post back my thoughts later on.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The review copies were sidetracked and have not yet arrived. I'm slated to do The Horse Soldiers, but it has not arrived.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
SOME LIKE IT HOT looks gorgeous on Blu. Contrast and detail are as good as I could hope for, and the grain is visible but not distracting (I do not think any DNR was applied). Looks so like film I might have been watching it in Bedford Village, New York in 1959 all over again. Sound is clear as can be. Supplements are generous, and the price is right. What's not to like about this release?

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
In case anyone is curious, The Horse Soldiers has no supplements.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Originally Posted by Robert Crawford

I've watched most of The Horse Soldiers BRD and it's far from being the best it could be, but at least it's finally in OAR and does look better than the DVD. The quality of the video varies throughout the film from very good to very mediocre.

Yep, The Horse Soldiers looks extremely....OK.

Still, a significant upgrade over the execrable DVD.

Scott Calvert

Supporting Actor
Some Like It Hot looks great. A perfect example of "scan and leave it the hell alone".

Outside of The Greatest Story Ever Told, all of my MGM blurays look great. I wish more studios would file bankruptcy.

Originally Posted by Mr. Pacino

Is there German audio on the "Some like it hot" Blu-ray?
Yes, it has a German track, I checked my disc. On the back of the case it only mentions English, Spanish, and French.

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit
Real Name
Nico
Originally Posted by John Hermes

Yes, it has a German track, I checked my disc. On the back of the case it only mentions English, Spanish, and French.

Thanks, John.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks