What's new

Some interesting DVD ideas from Mark Cuban (1 Viewer)

Well I manage a theatre for Landmark Theatres and I am not sure that he has the right idea. It seems like everybody that purchases a movie exhibitor believes they can reinvent the wheel. And they try. And we end up going back to the way it was always done. I hope the current downturn in attendance is a blip and thats all. I remember when I first started working in movie theatres as an usher in 1979 that people honestly believed that Pacman and Asteroids would put us out of business. Then along came home video. One lady told me that home video would be the death of the movie theatre. And I told her that you could buy a six pack of beer foor about the price of two beers at home but there were still lots of bars in business. So I guess we will see how this one shakes out.

BennyD

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not sure how well it would work, but personally I'd be absolutely thrilled to be able to pick up a quality DVD release of a film either directly after seeing it in the theater or as an alternative to seeing it in the theater.

By quality, I mean not a barebones release that I'm paying $40 just to be able to watch it at home early. That seems like the ultimate ridiculous double-dip.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks