What's new

Some Basic calibration questions (1 Viewer)

AndrewRose

Auditioning
Hi
i own 4 m22s and an hk 525 and i recently bought an spl meter to calibrate my system. For some reason music sounds better in 2 channel stereo mode then it does with all 4 speakers playing. It seems as though its clearer with only 2 speakers playing. How can i fix this?

Also, what exactly am i supposed to calibrate other then the volume levels of each speaker? I dont really need an SPL meter for that since my ears can tell which speaker is loudest.

finally, on my hk 525 when using test tones the volume on each speaker is relatively the same. but when playing music the rear m22s are not as loud as the front m22s. whats up with this?

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
Personally unless it is a DVD-A or SACD disk I am listening to I rather listen to CD's in 2-channel music mode rather than using a DSP or DPLII to use all of the speakers. You get better sound imaging.

When you calibrate your system you are supposed to adjust your all your speaker levels at a reference level, there have been a lot of previous posts of calibrating speaker levels, you can do a search and find better explanations of how to do this than I can explain. But you definitely need a sound meter, doing it by ear is difficult and not very exact.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks