What's new

Some Archived Thread Pages Not Loading/+ Junk in Posts (1 Viewer)

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
I am having a problem getting certain pages of older threads to load. For instance, the original Patton thread from 2008 would not load the first page after repeated attempts, while other pages in the same thread loaded fine. I'v had similar problems with other threads; I will click on the thread from the search page and a dark gray background is the only thing that loads.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Along with the ongoing issues mentioned above, I've also noticed that some posts, even from only last year, have all kinds of script type junk within the post, making it diffiult to follow the post. This is in quite a few posts, especially older ones, but as I mentioned , it's not just the old ones. Is this something that can be remedied? Makes the forum look amateurish.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Hello? Anyone here? Sorry, just can't seem to remedy these issues (or get a response). I'm looking up older posts (some only a couple years old), and there seems to be much missing. Some of Mr. Harris' valuable posts are completely missing. His initial thoughts on the releases of Patton and The Odessa File for instance look to be gone. If this is possibly a problem on my end (doubtful) I'd like to know. If someone could at least PM me with what the issue possibly is I would appreciate it.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I will follow-up with Dave on the posts above. If you see any posts with coding just paste them here and I will manually fix. This is all tied to when we left Huddler a few years ago and needed to do a quick and dirty conversion.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Dr Griffin said:
Hello? Anyone here? Sorry, just can't seem to remedy these issues (or get a response). I'm looking up older posts (some only a couple years old), and there seems to be much missing. Some of Mr. Harris' valuable posts are completely missing. His initial thoughts on the releases of Patton and The Odessa File for instance look to be gone. If this is possibly a problem on my end (doubtful) I'd like to know. If someone could at least PM me with what the issue possibly is I would appreciate it.
Hi Stanley!

I've been seeing a lot of what you've described regarding missing quotes! I just assumed that it was something on HTF's end, though it would be nice to have this fixed either way!

CHEERS! :)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Stanley - I need as many examples as you can provide for "broken formatting" etc. It's near impossible to find these on demand, so the more you guys link the better job we can do fixing en masse.

Thank you.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Compliments should be given the same as complaints. The forum looks great so far. I don't know what you guys did, but everything seems to be where it's supposed to be. Thanks.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I don't want to be a nag about this, but am I to assume that we have lost some lengthy posts through several migrations over the years that cannot be retrieved? It's not a big deal, but it's just something to keep in mind when reading old threads.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but is there still a way to search threads from a designated period? There is a "Newer Than" option on the search page, but is there an "Older Than?" Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks