What's new

Software Upgrade For Marantz Sr9200 And Sr8200 (1 Viewer)

Good news for 8200 owners!

Look what I found on the Dolby site. Now this is an amazing news... But will this be available to North America and will it be an addition to the previous unavailable upgrade?

http://www.dolby.com/events/CEDIA/PLIIx/manuf.html

Quote:

> Manufacturers Offering Pro Logic IIx Hardware Upgrades:
>
> Denon AVR5803
> Marantz SR9300
> SR9200
> SR8300
> SR8200
> SR7300
> Meridian Audio Ltd. 861 Surround Processor*
> TAG McLaren AV32R Dual Processor
> AV192R*
> Yamaha RX-Z9

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
I'm probably missing something here, but isn't Pro Logic IIx a 7.1 format? The 8200 only has 6 amps, so I'm wondering how it would be supported. Here's hoping we get some kind of upgrade though.

Chris

Edward Schatz

Second Unit
I just sent my unit in too. Hopefully, this won't require mailing it off again. Good news that they mention the 8200.

From Marantz Holland I got word that Marantz Japan is working on the changes for DPL-IIx. Availability is not before end of 2003.
So I doubt that if you update now, it will have DPL-IIx implemented.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Perhaps it can be done by computer like the Anthem updates.
That would be nice. I know I can download the software for the 3200 remote. I have no web at home right now because I have a wonderful Bios virus. I actually rarely use DPLII, not to mention I am back to 5.1 anyway, so it isn't a big deal to me right now.

[homer voice]Stupid virus...[/hv]

JohnFF

Agent
The upgrade has finally been officially announced for North America. $200 for the 8200. Two options with different prices ($150/$250) for the 9200. Otherwise as expected. No DPLIIx. Here are the details: Marantz Press Release

Tom Camlioglu

Stunt Coordinator
Fellow Canucks and American Brethren,

I just had the full blown (option 2) upgrade done on my 9200.

$375 CDN - is what they charged me ... (I said "pardon?" ..)

Well ... owning both Anthem and Maratnz, I definitely have to say this was a let-down as Anthem does the software upgrades for free.

The upside is, well, ... I can't wait to get home and plug it in!!!

..TC :D :emoji_thumbsup:

JohnFF

Agent
Tom - How long did the upgrade take? Did you have to send your 9200 in to Marantz or just take it to your dealer?

Tom Camlioglu

Stunt Coordinator
I was told the upgrade took about 45 minutes to do. I had to take it in to the dealer, as it had to be performed by the Marantz rep who was in town on that specific day.

..TC

Tom, can you check the following after the update has been done.

With a DTS 6.1 stream in the display the Marantz indicates whether it is an Matrix 6.1 of Discrete 6.1 audiostream.
Unfortanetaly after the update was done, these indicators don't light up anymore on my unit. From Marantz I heared that the same appears to be the case with the new SR9300.

How is it with your upgraded 9200?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks