What's new

So You Think You Can Dance (Season 8) (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I thought keeping Ryan was a mistake, but I would have hung on to Missy. It's too bad her solo was so awful -- they might have actually kept her.

I was impressed at Iveta's credentials, but I wasn't ga-ga about her dancing.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Fascinating series. I don't know anything about dance, and don't have strong opinions on who stays and goes -- they're all pretty impressive in my eyes. I will miss Iveta, but mostly because she was perhaps the most gorgeous female performer on the show. :) Her deep professionalism was evident when she was cut: her smile never wavered. She was the embodiment graceful loss, no negative emotions expressed to the public.

Of recent dances, the "Woodpecker" dance was unexpectedly good. Such a weird idea, but choreographed and executed with excellence.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I forgot to mention in the blog that between Nigel and Cat, they said Gatorade about a hundred times. They were so consumed with Gatorade that I didn't catch who choreographed the group number (my guess is the LX guy). Dave, I did take a modern dance class in college, but I know dick all about dance. But you don't need to in order to enjoy the show.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Regarding Iveta's age: the makeup added ten years. She looked mid-twenties in the practice shots, without her performance makeup. I think expecially she enhanced the hollows of her cheeks with the makeup which made her look noticeably more "mature", and older than 30. But in more natural lighting and makeup, she looked her age.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
There was something about Iveta that always reminded me of Cindy McCain.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Loved most of last night's show. I think the "zombies" are in risk of going home... Marko/Melinda & Tadd/? were my two favorites of the night by far. Something else I'm liking about this more than Idol: the group numbers actually are GOOD!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Melanie probably has the largest thighs ever on a female contestant on this show, but she's still pretty light on her feet (evidenced by the hip-hop number). Kaitlynn's got a sick body, whole lotta shakin' goin' on. Miranda's growing on me, pretty nice set of legs on her, too. She did more of acting on her number than Robert. I think I only saw an hour of the show before passing out late after midnight, more like 2 a.m. last night, will finish up the last hour after work.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
No one is ever going to have bigger thighs than Donyelle from season 2. I think Kourtney Lind was rather thick as well.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I didn't see season 1 or 2 of SYTYCD, so my frame of reference is obviously incomplete, so I therefore require photographic proof of said humongous thighs on other dancers. :D

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
But that's just one angle. How about here?

And remember Josh, your pic is from the auditions. Kourt was bigger on the show. Look at this!

And even if Kourtney's thighs aren't verifiably larger than Melinda's, you gotta give me Donyelle.

And speaking of season 2, Natalie was pleasingly thick legged as well:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Not all that surprised as to which guy got sent home, but sad for the girl who got sent home, she deserved better. I'd rather have seen Ash and Chris go home.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
It was so lame I assumed it was a Tyce number. I was unfamiliar with the actual choreographer.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That Zombie number didn't work at all. I enjoyed it in the abstract, but didn't connect emotionally. It was still surprising to hear Nigel lambast it. I thought it was really an indictment of the choreographer, not the dancers. But that's not how the show goes.

But then the other Sonya dance was the most touching, emotive routine of the show. Gorgeous, bittersweet. That's why I watch: for those moments of brilliant art.

The guest acts on the results show were phenomenal! The duo with the wheelchair had such a powerful, creative dance. I was slack-jawed the whole routine. And then the movie-theme ballroom dance couple...what was that?!?! ("Shut The Door"!) The perfect ease in the huge lifts!

It's increasingly difficult to take seriously any of the dance groups on America's Got Talent after watching this level of talent and discipline on "Dance".

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
This is quickly becoming my favorite reality/contest show!

I didn't start watching until the Top 20 had been picked, but are the "auditions" more professional than Idol's or are there delusional dancers out there as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks