What's new

So You Think You Can Dance: Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Just a quick note... I know someone (Hanson?) mentioned watching SYTYCD Australia, so I thought I'd mention that there is now a SYTYCD Canada edition and the first episode has aired. So far, I only recognize Mary Murphy at the judges' table. I'm not going to start a thread on it since most here won't be able to watch it on CTV anyway. A whole new batch of dancers to be impressed by.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
If anyone has any good video clips from other countries' seasons, please send them my way. ;0

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I started watching SYTYCDC last night, but my wife couldn't keep her eyes open after 40 minutes (it's due to exhaustion from taking care of the new baby and does not speak to the quality of the show).

I liked the dancers and judges (except Mary is in some ways more grating than the US auditions), but some of the ones that went straight to the finals (what, is the phrase, "I'm going to Toronto!" not glamourous enough?) would have gone to choreo in the US. Also a lot less contemporary dancers and more street dancers this go round (Australia had a similar ratio to the US version).

How in the tank is Brittany Murphy's movie career that she has to host a Canadian dance show? That was her, right?

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

I don't see the resemblance. Perhaps a seperated at birth is in order
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
In all seriousness, Leah Miller is only really recognizable if you watch a lot of MuchMusic here, and I don't.

She's certainly no Cat Deeley, but she's better than Seacrest IMO.

With regards to the "I'm going to the finals!" thing, while I can't make the statement with certainty, perhaps they said that because "I'm going to Toronto!" would be silly, seeing as how that episode was filmed in Toronto. I'll guess we'll see Sunday, when we see Vancouver and Halifax.

Oh, and another "rule" holds true for this edition as it does for the American edition. If you see a steady-cam shot of a dancer, it is a 100% assurance that dancer will be going to the finals. My g/f noticed that trick a few seasons back, and so far it's been perfect. A dancer comes on the screen, "oh steady-cam shot, she's through..."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks