What's new

So yeah...how about them SVSs (1 Viewer)

Larry_W

Agent
Well, it's been quite an interesting day. I've been tracking the package all day long. I find out UPS had stopped by and they couldn't drop it off at the apartment's leasing office because they were closed. Let's just say...I was pretty pissed. I called UPS and asked them if I could meet the driver somewhere. They finally gave in and said yes. 4pm at this mail stop. So...I wait and wait and wait...finally the brown truck turns a corner and is headed my way. So...I get this beast off the truck and cram it into the back of my car. Took me awhile to get it in there. I rushed home and got it out. Well, here I am scratching my head going, "Dang, how did I get that thing in there?" Well, after much pushing and pulling, the sucker popped out. So, I rush up to the door, run inside, and unpack it. I hook it all up and notice that nasty ground loop hum. I run back out the door and run to the grocery store and pick up a cheater plug. Run back...plug it in and the hum is gone. It'll do for now. So, I pull at the SPL meter and run through the test tones on the receiver. Ok, all set. I load in EP1 and the THX intro rattles the whole apartment building. My God! These things should be illegal.

Anyway...that's my quickie for HTF. I need to put it through it's paces now. Oh yeah, it's a 20-39CS+ w/S1000. Almost forgot about that part.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
I am an ex-apartment dweller. Got my SV 1 year after moving into a house.

I can't imagine the torture of having 500 watts primed for delivery to the sub, and having to keep it under control.

Therapy....I would need therapy.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
That is my second biggest fear after I graduate in a couple months. Having to move into an appartment and not being able to ever let my sonosub loose.

The biggest fear is of course not being able to find a job after 6 years of higher learning :p)

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
I live in an apt with dual SVS's and let me tell you, it's brutal. Not a single day goes by without me looking at them and thinking of all the bass I'm missing :frowning:

Larry_W

Agent
I'm surprised you get away with that. I might have to move and find myself a more solid apartment complex. The walls here are pretty thin. My next door neighbor tends to crank his computer speakers up at 1am with the sub cube next to my bedroom wall. I'm tempted to move the SVS in the bedroom one night and just crank it at 3am and scare the crap outta him.

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
Larry,
I certainly would do that. Playing your stuff loud in an apt after 10PM is a big no-no. He should have more common sense than that...
Do it and let us knows what happens :)

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
LOL Larry that is funny. I think all SVS owners have some experience like that. I think SVS should have a section on their site labeled "UPS Stories". I posted my experiences here a couple of weeks ago.

Let us know what you think after you have had time to live with it for awhile.

Laters,

Jeff

Todd_TC

Auditioning
My SVS (25-31PC) was delivered to my house while I was at work. I warned my wife about the size prior to it arriving, but she called me when it arrived and said,"Your monolith is here." She got over the size and definitely likes the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks