What's new

So who all went out and bought Star Wars toys today? (1 Viewer)

Tina Lee

Second Unit
I will sell for a total of $17 shipped USPS Priority ($10 for the Tater and $7 for the shipping) or if you would prefer $15 by Parcel Post. I paid over $20 shipped for it... Thanks and please LMK! :)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I tried to mail you back, but it wouldn't go through.

In any event, I sent you paypal for the toy + priority shipping.

Thanks!

Tina Lee

Second Unit
Thanks! I received payment. :)

Sent you two emails so hopefully one went through. I will mail first thing Tuesday morning Priority mail (need to get a proper-sized box). Sent you the confirmation number as well. Thanks again!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I received both of your emails, but I can't seem to email you back. I tried a couple of different accounts, but got returns both times.

In any event, thanks for the deal! I'll be sure to give you a +1 on the GTL when it arrives.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
When people mentioned Darth Vader at Target and the strong demand, I was surprised given that it's $899.99.

Although I'm considering the Clone Trooper Helmet for $350 or the Rebel Snowspeeder for $600.

Anyway, I was taken aback by Target's Red Hot Shop, selling really high end memorabilia. Could those Star Wars otakus please comment on the quality and value of these collectibles offered by Target?

Target's Red Hot Shop

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

Huh? People were talking about the Lava Vader figure that retailed for 12.99.

That mask at the Red Hot Shop is pretty kewl though. You can get better prices on most of the other stuff at Fireside Collectibles.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Finally pulled the trigger on the Sculpted 3-D Poster Art: Style A for "A New Hope" for $79.99 found here. Using one of the ubiquitous 10% off Target.com codes, brought the final down to $87.71 (which includes S&H + Tax).

After researching this purchase, I found that this item is created by a company called Code 3 as part of their Legendary Casts line. They also will release reliefs for ESB & RotJ.

Later, discovered this exact same item on Amazon and for $20 less. So the final tally, with S&H and tax, arrives at ~$69. The other relief posters in the series sell at the same price.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Thanks Matt. I confess, I've never followed the collectible scene for Star Wars before. The only reason I bought the Code 3 poster is because it's a nice piece of memorabilia which commemorates nearly 30 years of interest in Star Wars, one that will come to a close this May.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

I just ordered those last night from Fireside. I'll also try to track down the CIII exclusive ESB teaser sculpted poster which I wasn't able to acquire. They look pretty sweet.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
I've gone to the Wal-Marts to pick up the Topps ROTS trading cards. It's taken a couple of weeks, but I've finally gotten a complete master set of 90 cards and a slew of chase cards. Here's what I've gotten thus far:

90-card master set
both of the lenticular morphing cards (duplicate of #1)
8 of 10 foil-embossed Darth Vader cards: 1-4, 7-10 (duplicates of 2, 3, 8)
5 of 6 foil-etched cards: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 (duplicates of 1, 2, 5, 6)
all 3 of the hologram cards (3 duplicates of #2, the Clone Trooper)
all 10 tattoos (duplicates of 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8)
all 10 stickers (duplicates of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9)
3 of 6 exclusive tin story cards: 1, 4, 5 (duplicate of #5)
4 of 6 exclusive tin image cards: A, B, E, F

All I need now are the following chase cards to complete my master set:

Foil-embossed Darth Vader cards: 5, 6
Foil-etched cards: 3
Exclusive tin story cards: 2, 3, 6
Exclusive tin image cards: C, D

Also looking for any promo cards to the set. If anyone on here has been collecting the Topps ROTS cards and wants to trade, send me a PM. Thanks! :)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Well a friend of mine finally found the Titanium series ships at a local Walmart. They're pretty nice looking although I had hoped for a little more detail. I noticed on a post at galactichunter.com that Hasbro is going to be repacking them in doing a wider distribution. To quote the site

They also had a couple of snap shots of the new packaging

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks