What's new

So what games are you playing right now? (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
As for other games in this genre, anyoine heard about Icewind Dale 2? I've only sen a magazine ad for it and it doesn't offer much info on the gameplay.
Icewind Dale 2 will be based on the same engine Planescape used (The infinity Engine). It will more than likely be the last game to use it also. They are basing IWD 2 on 3rd edition D&D rules (Thank god!). Black Isle will be including a majority of the feats and the flexibility for multi-classing your characters that the 3rd edition offers.

Black Isle knows how to make a good game based on this engine. I have no doubt this will be a quality title, though this is very much a money maker for Black Isle and Interplay. (With the experience they have working with the infinity engine and the speed the game is moving, not to mention Interplays financial woes this should prove to be quite profitable.) You may also want to look into playing through the first game and also the Baldurs Gate series. All are fantastic games (Baldurs Gate 2 and Planescape being the cream of the crop IMHO).

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
They're basing IWD2 on the 3E rules; ala BG2 (with the extra classes) or more along the lines of Pools of Radiance? I suppose with the feats it's a bit more like Pools of Radiance but I'm not too fond of that: can't pick the feats yourself and certain classes are unavailable.
I agree that Black Isle does quality work on this line. I've played everything except Icewind Dale 1 and love 'em all.
Btw: another :emoji_thumbsup: on the sig. :D

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I agree that Black Isle does quality work on this line. I've played everything except Icewind Dale 1 and love 'em all.
I agree Black Isle does quality work with the Infinity Enginge. Black Isle worked on Planescape Torment and Icewind Dale. Bioware did the work on the Baldurs Gate series (and the upcoming Neverwinter Nights). Just wanted to clear that up:).
Also Its unfortunate Black Isle never got to finish their work on Torn. It was beginning to take shape nicely in the final previews and then they pulled the plug. (Finanacial woes apparently).
And thanks for the :emoji_thumbsup: on the sig guys

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
I'll be playing Neverwinter Nights when it comes out... right now I'm so hooked on Dark age of Camelot.. toss in some VF 4, DAO3, Blood Omen 2 and I really need to play Devil May Cry and you see I'm trying to play too many games at once... esp when one of them is a MMORPG (Dang those are adictive)
Brian
Great Sig Romier, and I'll agree on that... but not all smucks have enough disposible $ to buy every system that comes out :)

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
not all smucks have enough disposible $ to buy every system that comes out
Hey, I'm one of them schmucks! :) But, there was nothing that I wanted on Nintendo so, I passed.
To be honest, since I bought the 'Box on launch day, my PS2 playing time has dwindled and dwindled 'till now...where it's become mostly a dust collector.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks