What's new

So ... my cat urinated all over my reciever .... (1 Viewer)

Joe Mihok

Second Unit
Actually, the 1082 is even cheaper and it looks like it's the same receiver with a different model #.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
A refurbished NEW model for $600 or a 2 year old refurbised model for $800 EH!

I'd take the 2105.

I may order one next week When I sell my Vespa!! Cmon Snapple give me a call;)

Brent

Joe Mihok

Second Unit
Well, the 3802 seems like it has alot more power (110w x 7 @ 8 OHM) compared to the 90watts for the 2105. I knows watts don't mean much but I've also heard that the 3802 has excellent components inside. I could really care less about the model year. From all the reveiws I'v read, the 3802 is an excellent receiver minus the remote. Can anyone here back this up ?

Lee Distad

Stunt Coordinator
There's nothing wrong with buying a unit that's a year or two older.

Unless you have to have the latest feature set, processing and whatever, buying last year's model means you can get more power for less money, which is, in my opinion, more important than anything else superfluous, like sound fields *cough*.

I myself have made a career of scooping clearance demos as soon as they become an outstanding deal.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
the new denons have video upconversion and room EQ, features missing from the 3802. Even with less power, the new recievers may be a better bet with those features.

Stuart Moss

Auditioning
Must say i had the best laugh in ages when i read your predicament and was horrified when you said that he'd already pissed on your DVDs. I would have BBQ'D the little bastard there and then no more chances. I bet his name isnt Lucky!

Anyway give the Yamaha receivers a go. I have a RX-V2300 and it produces the clearest crispest sounds and the earth shaking bass that you would expect from them.

R.I.P. Lucky

Joe Mihok

Second Unit

Like I said, I don't care about upsampling or DSP modes. All I care about is DD6.1 and Direct mode. If thats' the only reason the newer models are better, then I'm gonna order the 3802 right away. Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks