What's new

so much for Warner getting 4 Stars (1 Viewer)

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
The fact that they never remastered the Superman Cartoons for the
Superman set might have someting (or Nothing) to do with why they are not
Doing Blue Ray,They Never did the Popeye Sets and now the Superman
set isn't getting Blue Rays.....What are they Thinking??
Witlh all the lame Blue Rays they are doing ,why not Animation??

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
The rumor mill says that the classic Warner Bros. Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies cartoons are being prepped for Blu Ray release in 2009. I hope they release them in some sort of chronological order like the Popeye cartoons.

I agree that the Fleischer Superman cartoons would be ideal for Blu Ray, and I for one would definitely buy that set.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
I'm not entirely sure of the condition of the Fleischer Superman cartoons. I've heard rumors that they only exist at this point as 16mm prints that are several generations away from the original elements. If that is in fact the case a blu-ray release would be irrelevant.

Doug

Vern Dias

Second Unit
Real Name
Theodore V Dias
And I sure hope WB kills the windowboxing and fakey looking coloring on the title sequences this ime around!!!

They sure weren't projected in the theatre that way originally!

Vern

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
There is still the issue of overscan. The vast majority of TVs, even HDTVs overscan and windowboxing is necessary to be able to read all the credits.

Doug

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member

Aren't most HDTV's flat panels, which have no overscan? Granted, there are some CRTs out there and you could have this problem with an RPTV, btu do you have a figure?

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member

Aren't most HDTV's flat panels, which have no overscan? Granted, there are some CRTs out there and you could have this problem with an RPTV, but do you have a figure?

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Actually, many flat panels do overscan, thanks to "factory" software settings which incidentally defeat one-to-one pixel mapping. They can generally be adjusted back to the correct condition.

Overscan, however, is not an excuse for windowboxing. If someone wants to see the picture out all the way to the edge, he can adjust his display (or have it adjusted) for zero overscan. That's what I do.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

When I was looking for a flat pannel HDTV I made sure that it was a model that did one for one pixel display right out of the box.

Having said that however, most people have no idea that their TV over scans and in fact have no idea what over scanning is. They just know that they can't read all the credits, and they write to the studios and complain.

The studios don't window box these things just willy nilly. It's an extra step that they wouldn't do if they if it weren't an issue.

Doug

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
They have the These in 35mm,But because they let them slip into PD
They refuse to spend the money to fix them,there's always hope,
but this new set might just be the same as the Warners Complete Superman Tin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks