What's new

So long, Amazon 10% discount (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I'll miss you. Granted, I'll probably still be reminded of you into March, when the pre-order I just submitted for Appleseed Ex Machina is fulfilled (see also: Dragon Tiger Gate, Justice League: The New Frontier, 30 Days of Night, Crimson Tide, Gone Baby Gone, Sunshine, 3:10 to Yuma and Zodiac), but you've made many a marginal HD purchase happen. I'm just sorry you weren't applied to Before the Devil Knows You're Dead and that Star Trek: Season 2 and Beowulf aren't in the Amazon database yet.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member

I saw the BD/HDDVD pre-orders of Before the Devil Knows You're Dead on the Amazon site this morning... and it's still there now.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yes, the 10% discount is gone and depending on the title my purchases will definitely slow up as far as blind purchases. The studios need to adjust their MSRP down since we've just entered the third calendar year of these new formats.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
After placing a final order last night I'm still seeing the 10% discount applied to orders this morning. I was under the impression it would end at midnight.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Hmm... I was thinking maybe it was something I had cached in my browser but after launching a new one I'm still seeing it. I suppose it's possible they just haven't cleaned up all of the accounts yet. Out of curitosity, are you a Prime member?

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Still getting it here as well. Just ordered The Shining and 2001 on BR, and got the 10% off.

Perhaps it expires based on the date that you qualified? Note: I am not a Amazon Prime customer.

Brian

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Excuse the naive question, I've only bought 3 DVD's and one HD-DVD from Amazon. When I first saw Jason's post the other day, I didn't understand it. You mean that Amazon had a standing 10% discount on DVD media? And now the policy has ceased?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's been so long that I don't even remember the specifics but if you bought an HD player (or maybe it was HD media?) from Amazon back in late 2006 or early 2007, you had a 10% discount off of all your HD discs for 2007. Qualifying for the deal is long over and now since 2007 is over, the 10% is/should be over too.

I'm sure that's not 100% accurate but I think it's close.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Well, it must be a Happy New Year for me because in addition to still getting the 10% discount I just found the latest BOGO(Buy One, Get One) deal for Blu-Ray titles. I picked up Die Hard, Die Hard With a Vengeance, Kingdom of Heaven: Director's Cut, The Terminator, Mr. and Mrs. Smith and Cast Away for $62.88 shipped!!! :emoji_thumbsup:

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

I thought that might be the case as well but I went back and looked at my "buy 3" order, I found it was placed on November 23, 2006.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yes, I am a prime member. Also, I was receiving the 10% off since the beginning of the promotion so maybe that's why I'm not getting it now due to the time you started to receive it?

LarryH

Supporting Actor
This was definitely a factor in my purchase decisions. I'll now be cutting back on those $35 and $40 list-price titles. Of course, with all these B1G1 and B2G1 and B3G2 sales I'm going to be reluctant to buy any but my very most desired titles without a special sale. I think they've established a precedent that's going to be hard to ignore as we go forward.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
As a PRIME member I just preordered Across The Universe
on Blu-ray and there is no longer a discount being applied. :frowning:

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Did an order yesterday and still received the discount. I'm not a prime member.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think whether you're still getting the 10% discount or not depends on when your start date in receiving that promotion. I think one of us not currently receiving the discount, probably needs to inquire from Amazon about why they stop getting that discount.

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
I purchased my player HD A1 in April 2006 and got the discount through the end of 2007. I thought the promotion was a "1 year of purchases" deal so when I kept getting the discount after April 2007 I thought I lucked out. I'm no longer getting the discount but I can't really complain. Amazon still has the cheapest hi-def software prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks