What's new

So I'm getting ready to ... (1 Viewer)

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
... watch my favorite two Christmas movies. I look forward to this ritual every year. I've watched these films since I was little, and they truly evoke the feel and spirit of Christmas within me. The memories are so fond, so familiar … when I was little we didn't buy VHS and didn't go to the movies often. But we were one of the first families to sign up for cable when it came around, and I saw most every movie I love from my youth sitting on the couch with my parents and siblings. HBO used to always run new movies Saturday nights at eight, maybe they still do, and I'd wait anxiously all week when a new one was announced. I still remember the first viewing of each of these movies.
Every year, I always watch Die Hard and Lethal Weapon. I curl up on my couch with a bit of Christmas Cheer and enjoy the true meaning of Christmas. They take me back to a simple time, when bills and headaches weren't on my agenda, and the biggest problem I had was getting my brother to let me sit at the arm of the couch, or for my sister to shut up long enough to hear my favorite lines.
"Welcome to the party, pal!"
"Fists with your toes."
"It's a very nice suit, Mr. Takagi." (sp)
"Yippie Ki Ya, M**her ***k*r!"
"Come out to the coast, have a few laughs (sarcasm)"
and
"Meet your new partner, Roger."
"It's over you know." "What is?" "The war." "Uh … I know." "Just thought I'd remind you."
"Hate him back. (exhale) Works for me ."
"There, still alive. Know why he's still alive? Because I shot him in the leg, didn't jump off a building with him." "Hey no fair, the building guy lived." "Whatever."
And both movies are about being with and helping those you love. John fights to save his wife and reunite with her. Riggs and Murtah find life long friendship together. As I've often thought, warm sentiments are best expressed in front of a roaring fire. Some fires are started with a match in a fireplace, others are after a helicopter crashes off the top of a building or a grenade detonates a car in the middle of the street. I've seen stranger things living in the big city, so who am I to judge? :D
As the Holiday approaches near, take a few hours and enjoy a good movie on DVD with your family or friends. Share in the good cheer of one of the best hobbies in the world.
Merry Christmas everyone.

Tony Scello

Second Unit
David,
I also like to watch Die Hard at Christmas time. Most people may not consider this a "Christmas movie" but the plot of the movie takes place at Christmas. Thanks for this thread. I think I'm going to give Die Hard a spin tonight while I'm assembling my 5 year-olds new bike that he's getting for Christmas.

"Now I have a machine gun - Ho! Ho! Ho!"

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Watched Die Hard as well last weekened because of Christmas. Classic!

"Now I have a machine gun.....ho...ho...ho."

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Don't forget about "Gremlins," the penultimate Christmas movie.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I also like to watch Die Hard at Christmas time. Glad I'm not the only one. I'd kill for a widesreen transfer of Christmas Vacation. Then my Christmas movie watching list would be complete.

Todd Robertson

Second Unit
You bet....it's Die Hard around here just about every year as well. but before that...it's also essential for us to slap in A Charlie Brown Christmas. seeing Pigpen raise a cloud of dust in a snowstorm always makes me laugh!!:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks