What's new

So I went to see the TWISTED SISTER reunion show last night! (1 Viewer)

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
My Rock'n Roll life has come full circle last night!

I went to see one of the warm up gigs for the TWISTED SISTER reunion tour that will start in early May in Asia and Europe.

They played here on their home turf in Brookly, NY under the name BENT BROTHER :) and it was one of the best and most energy filled live shows I have been to in 20 years.

Been a fan since 1984 when I first heard them after coming to America. Ironically this old friend of mine that introduced me to the band was at the gig last night also so it was a great feeling. I have not hung out with him in at least 10 years.

The boys were in top form and if you are a fan you will not be dissapointed if you catch them this summer. They will be playing in full make-up, but last nights show was not the case as it was a warm up gig.

Anyone have any old Twisted memories?

mike caronia

Second Unit
Aurel, I've seen TS so many times in my youth it's not even funny. They played every week on the island. Under my high school yearbook picture it says SMF! I can't believe I didn't hear about that show last night. Where was it at, L'Amours? LOL. That was THE place back in the day.
They're playing at a little joint called the Downtown next Friday. It's right by my job, I'm going to swing by there this week and see if I can get some tix. $35 seems a bit steep, but hey...I haven't seen Twisted since the mid 80s.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I used to see Twisted Sister in their heyday out at Hammersmiths near Islip NY.

You gotta love Dee Snider and the boys!

Jeff_P

Stunt Coordinator
My friend wanted to check this out but I had plans already.

I saw TS, I guess, a little over a year or so ago when they played the NY Steel Benefit show. It was a great show.

I would be shocked if they don't do more US dates.

BTW, nice to see some of the old, original bands at Lamours again.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Dee Snider had a morning show here in Hartford. It got cancelled and replaced by this baba the lovesponge redneck crap.

I really liked the show, and Dee who while he looks like a freak, seems very traditional and a down to earth family man - he has been married for god knows how long, kinda like that other freak family.

I know nothing about his music though...

--
Holadem

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't a big fan of TS's music, but they had some absolutely classic videos. "We're not gonna take it" was hilarious, with Mark Metcalf as the dictatorial father.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks