What's new

So, I swore I was going to hold out as long as I could (1 Viewer)

Michael Boyd

Second Unit
I just got everything hooked up today after my move and my new furniture arrived.

HD A1--->34 " XBR970.

Two friends and I compared the 1st 15 minutes of upconverted Goodfellas to the the same on the HD disc. Blown away.

Then we took in Sky Captain for awhile.

Hell, I think my buddy James would have been satisfied watching the HD Paramount logo coming up for the rest of the afternoon. His mouth was gaping.

Don't let anyone tell you that difference can't be seen on this size of a monitor or even a tube. Heavy beast. I almost was on the verge of sending it back and ordering the Westinghouse 42" LCD that was $1500 a yesterday at Crutchfield. I think I will be keeping the beast. I'm sitting about 5 feet from it.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Unfortunately I am to impatient because I want to get it updated now and do not want to wait for Toshiba to send me the disc. And its hooked up so I do not want to disconect it and bring it into another room with no monitor just to hook up an ethernet cable to update it from the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.