What's new

So i just got a budget to work with... Now what? (2 Viewers)

Dan_Whip

Agent
I received my Stryke kits just over a week after ordering. Very happy so far with the service from John, which is one of the main reasons I went with his kit over some of the others. John is very active within the forums, so if I have a question, he's usually not too far away.

Sam_Walls

Grip
Nevermind.. it worked when i went to the website and then to the crossover article... Good find i will read up on it.. Thanks

How do u know which end of the capacitor and inductors go? Like which side is positive and which way does postive go...

here the link about half way down the page is the crossover. I just dont want to mess up the polarities.

w.d-web.com/dbrown/db515web/db515.htm

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It never matters with coils. It will only matter with caps if you use polarized ones but I like the metallized polypropylene capacitors from Parts Express. They are not polarized.

-Robert

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
I'm supposed to be working on an upgrade to John's web site (no peeking) but I have not been able to get in touch with him for over a week.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Rory,

I spoke with John a few days ago. Do you have is AOL IM name? He's logged on now, but the last time I sent him a message I didn't hear back from him.

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
No, I don't believe he gave his AIM name to me. I figured he would have given that to me if he wanted to use that as an avenue of communication with me. I sent him some emails a while back and another one a little later on and have heard nothing on them. As a result, I have heard nothing from that big subwoofer box sitting in my grandparents' basement. I need images and comclusive information about product lines if I am going to continue forward with his website. It's looking good so far (again, unfortunately, no peeking till it's done), but it's just sort of stalled without any input.

If you hear anything from him specific to me, go ahead and let me know via email. If that doesn't work for you, you can post back here and let me know, but I think I've hijacked this thread enough. BTW Brian, I would be interested in talking with you about improvements to your own web site. I know John (back when we were in communication) said something about you being interested in a few modifications to your web site. Email me letting me know what you want, if you're still interested.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Rory,

Just talked to him. I'd forgotten he got food poisoning over the weekend and his been in and out of the emergency room a few times. He's shared some of the work you've done on his website so far. It looks great!

He was heading back to the house and said he'd be online again later. I'll tell him to try and get back to you soon.

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
You want capacitors that say that they are nonpolar. Use the Dayton-brand Metallized Polypropylene capacitors for good sound quality. They are nonpolar. Also use their 18-gauge air-core inductors. (Inductors, by their very nature, are nonpolar.) I have had good results with those parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks