What's new

So I jumped into the Android market (1 Viewer)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
A friend of mine at work was showing me his new Android phone, which he's very happy with. I was impressed, so I started shopping around. I found that I could get a Virgin Mobile Android 2.2 phone for 93 bucks with my current account. 25 bucks a month for unlimited text and data and 300 talk minutes (PLENTY for me) made it irresistible. I'm enjoying Android immensely. The phone isn't top of the line (LG Optimus V), but I'm well satisfied with its performance and features. Being an engineer and HP calculator fan from way back, I LOVE that I can have the HP 48 with me all the time, not to mention the countless other apps it has and that I keep finding (GPS, barcode scanner, Yahoo, etc. etc.). One app I just found today at my burglar alarm company's web site lets me monitor the alarm status, arm the alarm, etc. I feel like I did when I started using the Internet--like a new world has opened for me. The outlook for Android seems to be getting better and better (market share blowing past Apple, more and more apps, etc.). Exciting!

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Robert - I recently upgraded to the same phone and plan. Haven't really started looking into new apps for the phone as of yet. My voice / data requirements are fairly limited, so the Virgin Mobile plan certainly seems like a good deal - compared to some of the other choices.

- Walter.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Walter--yes, Virgin Mobile has always been a good deal for me. I don't talk that much on the cell, but unlimited data for 25 bucks is hard to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks