What's new

So..for the folks going to the Apple store for the 3GS tomorrow... (1 Viewer)

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
So...if you are going to the Apple store to get your new 3GS tomorrow like me...I have learned a couple things that may help you out.

1. Apple is advertising that the Apple store (which normally opens at 10AM) is going to open early tomorrow at 8AM for the iPhone release. BUT...even though my closest Apple store on their phone line recorded message says they are opening at 8AM...this particular store in Pasadena has actually decided to open earlier than that at 7AM. So...since most people will call or see on the web that they are opening at 8AM...you might be able to get there even earlier in the morning and get your iPhone quicker.

2. For folks who have "reserved" a new 3GS iPhone for "in store pick up"...the reservation does NOT guarantee you an iPhone. They could still sell out if you go later in the day, even though the email says come in at any time during the day on the 19th. Now, during the 3G launch, Apple retail stores for the most part had plenty of stock. But you never know.

AND...The Apple Store in Pasadena told me today there will be two lines in the morning. One for folks who reserved an iPhone ahead of time...and another line for folks who did not. The reservation folks will be given priority ahead of the non-reservation folks and thus will most likely insure you do get the iPhone you reserved tomorrow....unless you show up late in the evening and they have already gone through their entire stock by then.

So...to recap.

Your store may be opening earlier than even the 8AM time. Check to eb sure. There should be two lines with the reserved line given priority. And nothing is guaranteed despite your iPhone 3GS "reservation" confirmation email.

;)

David Rubenstein

Stunt Coordinator
I stopped by the store I had already made a reservation with and they told me that they are putting aside the phones that have been reserved and that they should have plenty of stock. They also told me that they'd be opening early and that they are expecting lines (in Atlanta)...

andis01

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Buble

Thanks for sharing this. I'm useing Nokia 5200 now. I want to a new 3G iPhone

David Rubenstein

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I went to the Apple store at 7:00 and there were a few hundred people in line. I waited for around 30 minutes and the line didn't move, so I left and went around the corner to the AT&T store where there were 10 people waiting and I was in and out in 25 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks