What's new

SNOW WHITE AND THE THREE STOOGES - is this stereo. (1 Viewer)

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Snow white and the Three Stooges was a four channel mag stereo film. The original release pan and ascan on vhs was stereo.
Several years later, this film shows up letterbox on Fox movies but in mono only and its been that way ever since.
I see the film is out on dvd with mono track and a two channel track marked stereo.
Is this the original true stereo track or another of those bogus fox mono spread tracks?

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
The point is - is this streo or one of Foxs fake stereo spreads. I don't want to buy this till I find out.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Quoting Joe Caps:Has there been an early release? Snow white and the Three Stooges is on my to get list, but the release date was April 26.

Paul

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Has there ever been a DVD title released with a mono track and stereo track where the stereo track was not fake stereo?

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
That question is so broad that the answer has to be yes. A rare example from the Fox Studio Classic series would be "How Green Was My Valley". The stereo track on that one is not reprocessed mono. It is the stereo mix that was done (by Joe Caps, IIRC) for the laserdisc.

Regards,

ArthurMy

Supporting Actor
Once again, this thread is based on some website's specs, not anyone who's actually seen the DVD. It may well turn out to be 4.0. The last thread I remember like this (easy to search) was Three Coins in the Fountain, where the same original poster had seen it as listed as mono. Didn't turn out that way, so best not to worry until someone has the DVD and can tell us the real story.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
I think Fox also did Kiss Themfor Me 2.0, Prince Valiant 2.0 and maybe (not sure) Return to Peyton Place. All are true stereo.
The Reason I was asking about Snow Whtie is that Fox lost the true stereo track several years ago andI was wondering if they found it again.

Pete SE

Agent
This is reviewed in the April Widescreen Review
Sound gets 2.5 and picture 3

Mono and Stereo soundtracks
Problems with a crackling sound in both.
Out of sync problems in both.
Strident highs in mono
Stereo is overbalanced to the right.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Okay, this is reviewed in Widescreen Review - again, it doesn't say if its true stereo or mono spread.
Fox films are easy to tell the difference with the opening fanfare with the horns on the far right and strings on far left.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks