What's new

SNL Season 1 on 12/5/06 (and season sets in general) (1 Viewer)

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
The Paul Simon / George Harrison episode better be the original version with all of the Harrison music videos included, and not the redone 1990's version.

And in the season premere permere episode, it reaired on Classic SNL in 9 / 01, they edit out a Emila Latela segment because it mentions planes crashing, because of 9 / 11, that better be intact.

Real Name
Jim
Of course they will have it. People were sensitive about that in September 2001, but now it's not that a big deal. NBC didn't have a problem running one of the 1975 SNLs featuring a sketch in which all of the passengers on an commercial airplane are given guns.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Of course everyone wants every set to be complete and I was certainly impressed with how Season One was handled. But for me even if there are edits I still might buy the next set depending on what's missing/changed. If it's a segment that I never cared for and it's missing then it's not a problem for me. I'd hate to see any Emily Litela cut, though.

As far the which seasons will come out I do hope they skip around as it takes SO long for these to come out and there are some entire seasons that are just not a priority. I'd hate to wait a year just to get the substandard (and I'm being kind) 6th Season. There's just not much of worth there. Perhaps a better idea for that season would be a "best of" with mainly the Eddie/Joe highlights. That would suffice for me. It's truly not a good season despite the revisionist history that often goes on among fans.

And at some point shouldn't a NEW thread be started for the 2nd season ? Instead of continuing to add to this one ? Then the issues for that specific season can be disucssed separately.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Wow! I saw S1 at Walmart for about 25 bucks. It was all I could do not to buy it. It's not in my budget. I'll snag one of those in November. I was afraid that price translated to no S2.

Matthew H

Second Unit
I agree S2 should have it's own thread.. I just wish Universal would be quicker with the releases.. one a year, my God. It'll take forever to get to the Carvey/Hartman years!

Bill Robertson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill Robertson

Thanks for the link Travis. Like most people here I've been looking forward to this announcement while also worrying it would never come.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Season 2 update
Looks like it's another "limited edition" package, with a book about season 2. That link has package art (featuring the Coneheads) and disc art.

Also, the marketing materials tout "all 22 episodes in their original 90-minute format."

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
always good to see the series is continuing. I picked up a copy of season 1 at BestBuy for $30 to use a birthday gift.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Can't wait for this! I'll have this on the day it's released. Just like I did for season 1. For me, season 2 is where the show really started to take off. Just three more seasons to go for me and I'll be finished with SNL. I'm only going to buy the seasons with the original cast.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
When season 2 is released in December, I will buy it along with season 1.

My hope is that seasons 3-10 get released also.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks