What's new

SMART HUB ON SAMSUNG NOT GOING THRU SURROUND SOUND (1 Viewer)

funkymann1

Auditioning
Real Name
mark funk
Hi everyone please help me you are my only hope
i have a samsung smart tv
its connected to my uverse box thru hdmi, off my uverse box i have red & white rca audio going to my old panasonic hometheater in a box, the panasonic is connected to the tv via compnant video & dvds are working fine
when i want to kick in my netflix i can only listen thru tv speaker which are horrible, i also have to shut off my uverse box or i'll continue hearing uverse. i tryed disconnecing the rca audio off the uverse & connecting it to the tv with no luck, i still get no sound thru the panasonic. the tv has only 1 rca connection & optical, my home theater has an rca in & out no optcal.
anyway is there any hope or do i need to upgrade my home theater. i was thiking of getting a sound bar with optical but then i'll prob still have to go behind everything to disconnect the optical from uverse to connect to the tv when wanting to watch netflix.
any options would be great especially low cost!
thanks in advance!
-Mark

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My guess it the TV's only output is through the optical. I don't believe there's a way to get the sound out without it using it. Sorry. :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks