What's new

Smallville Season 9 (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Inspector Hammer!

what's the deal with Tess? Is she good or bad? And why were Clark and Zod, the scourge of Krypton, getting along like old drinking buddies earlier this season?
Tess is definitely an enigma. Why does it serve her interests to put Zod against Clark, as she did in the previous episode? Zod, at the time he was cloned was not the scourge of Krypton. He was a loyal general defending it. Clark wanted to get close to Zod because he is a link to his heritage and also because he wanted to stop him from trying to take over the Earth.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The last scene, I could almost see Clark thinking, "Shit! I need to get on this whole learning to fly thing!" The Kandorian story is meant to kind of mirror and promote a crappy story running through the comic books. Thing is, Clark is Superman there. Can we get back to that? Tonight's was very momentous in terms of the season's arc, but I just don't really care. Chloe almost going murderer was pretty poor.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
At the risk of sounding cynical, it was painfully obvious who the Red Queen was going to turn out to be. And for the record, I hate the revelation.

I think one of the main problems for me with these season long arcs is that everyone talks up the "coming apocalypse" or some other nefarious event for 21 episodes and the payoff can't possibly live up to it. We got that again in "Hostage." Make the arc a handful of episodes and then move onto something else. That way we don't get the filler episodes and the tension level remains high.

Right now, I just don't care about the Kandorians or Zod anymore. Give me something else to watch.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
A very good season finale....And even Granny Goodness. Stinks we have to wait 4 months.

Just going to watch the first few minutes of the episode again!!!!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I really wish I weren't (a) so cynical and (b) in-tune with the renewal news. This would have been one devil of a cliffhanger for the summer. Oliver attacked by who knows what, Tess apparently dead, Knitting Woman in the hospital, Clark doing the big swan dive... A good, well done use of slow motion throughout the episode, the JLA showing up in essentially cameos and I really dug the last Lois/Clark scene.

Pretty pleased with it, outside of the infernal CW commercials.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Um, I forget... What does Blue Kryptonite do again? Anyway, its gonna be a very long 4 months! Overall, very good season this year!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Quote:

Originally Posted by todd s

Okay, that makes complete sense to me know. My Superman knowledge is rather limited, but I do know about the Parademons and Darkseid. Thanks for reminding me about the teaser, too, Todd. I was all giddy when that popped up.

The only thing that really stuck out as "wrong" to me was Clark's speech about being happy to have fought with everyone. If we had seen them do anything together of merit, I might have believed it. But we got far too little of the JLA, especially Cyborg, Aquaman, Black Canary and Impulse. Still, bring on Season 10.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
they had darsaid on superman the animated series. I would highly recommend checking the episodes out.

Jacob

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Good episode. I will say a little more to prevent my first sentences from showing up in the thread preview, as I don't feel like using spoiler tags since the episode has aired. I hope they don't pull back from Lois figuring out that the Blur is Clark. I'm sure they will, but they've already broken from the traditional storyline, so why not? In Clark's vision, it seems like Lois knew when she saw the chair swiveling at Clark's desk. I'm glad to see Zod and the Kandorians on their way. I kind of get tired of Tess yo-yoing between good and bad, but it was upsetting seeing her in that condition. I never liked the Kirby New Gods, but my understanding is that Granny Goodness is no good. I hope whatever she's up to involves fixing Tess up.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I really thought this was a pretty strong season finale. Too bad they always have to end on a cliffhanger! That beginning was such a tease!

So Martha made a suit for Clark? That's what it seemed like as we saw the reflection of the "S" in his eyes. Btw, the "S" being a reflection, should have been backwards. Too bad we will never see him in "the suit" As for Lois, yes, I also hope they go forward with her knowing that Clark is Superm, er.. the Blur (man, do I hate that name). Didn't she already suspect him once of that, then they backpedaled?

Anyway, I guess they figure that by 2013 the show will be dead for sure, so it'll be safe to at last have Superman flying around in Metropolis. Again, I wish I'd be able to see it.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by mattCR

My eyesight must be terrible. What is it I'm supposed to see in that picture?

Superman. If you start at the "D" in Daily Planet and follow it down along the line curve, you can just make out Superman's blue suit and the red/yellow "S" symbol on his chest.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
He's just to the left of the white wheel strut. He's holding the plane up from beneath. Did he find the outfit in his vision or for real? If it was for real, maybe they will really pull the trigger next year.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I would love it if they ditched the "no tights, no flights" edict next season. Somehow I think it'll just be another season long tease though. I've even got a plausible reason on how no one would recognize him as Superman. Just have Zatana do some kind of funky spell on him in which no one can see the similarity between Supes and glasses Clark!

It's been a long wait. As far as I know the film series is still going nowhere. Give us Superman! Of course, Welling may not even want to wear the suit.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Imagine how great the show could have been if they'd developed a plan from the beginning:

Four years of Smallville (high school)

Four years of Metropolis (college)

Seasons 9+ = Superman (adult)

I mean, we could have literally had a show that told the story of Superman in roughly real time, while avoiding falling into the trap of introducing every element of the Superman mythology before Superman.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I actually thought at the end when he came in to deal with Zod he might of went home to get the costume and put it on, but alas no.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I was really happy with the opening scene, which showed that Superman can be done right on an incredibly small budget. Greg Beeman, who used to be an executive producer and Vancouver showrunner on "Smallville" before leaving for "Heroes" and "Melrose Place", was the guest director on the season finale. He said he was shocked at how much the show's budget has been cut since he left.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

He's just to the left of the white wheel strut. He's holding the plane up from beneath. Did he find the outfit in his vision or for real? If it was for real, maybe they will really pull the trigger next year.

I took it that it was for real as Clark's Mother was the one that left him the gift for him which I thought was his traditional suit. She said "In case you decide to stay." That to me meant she made the suit for Clark to wear as his symbol we all know on Earth.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks