What's new

Smallville Season 9 (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by pitchman

This show has so little substance these days, it's a huge chore just to sit through an episode. Why not retool it and call it "Legion", make it officially an ensemble drama, and be done with it? It certainly would help make for more interesting story lines...
It's soooo slow. What a huge build up to the Clark/Metallo showdown only to have it end in 30 seconds. Lots of ominous music and posing and cringe-worthy dialog. That plot would have been slack in a 22 page comic book much less an hour-long "drama".

And BTW, who are the producers making this show for? It's a superhero show in the 8 0'clock hour, and it's almost as gory as CSI. But it's written at a much, much lower level. It's a silly show dressed up with fake portent and moody lighting. IN the immortal words of Casey Kasem, "It's f*ckin' ponderous, man".

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I don't think I have anything really to say about episode 2. Smallville can be awfully schizophrenic from week to week. In the premiere, we left Chloe and Clark with a major falling out, tears and very hurt feelings. This week it seems as though they fought over the remote control or something.

From the very beginning, episodes have plodded along with their plots with really no regard for proper pacing. By this point, I'm over it...but it still makes me a bit upset. Metallo could have been a recurring storyline but instead we get another scene of Lois not connecting the dots between Clark and the Blur. The show is fine...very safe, higher than normal production values, comfort TV. But that's it.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I thought there was a lot of good tucked between the 28 Days Later rip. They should forget that kind of stuff and focus on what's happening between Lois and Clark. The fire scene was pretty cool--though he should be smart enough to put out the fire and wait a minute before bringing in the coffee.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I liked Friday's episode a lot better. Lois pulling up in a monster truck was ridiculous, but otherwise I thought the episode went a long way towards further moving Clark toward being Superman.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

I liked Friday's episode a lot better. Lois pulling up in a monster truck was ridiculous, but otherwise I thought the episode went a long way towards further moving Clark toward being Superman.
I just managed to watch it last night. It was a fun episode, though I'm not sure they know what they are doing with Oliver Queen.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I actually thought this episode was surprisingly well-plotted. I didn't see all of the twists and turns coming like I usually do. And while I prefer Tom Welling as the protagonist, I think Justin Hartley is probably the more interesting actor to watch.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I liked Clark and Lois's movie night. I could see more of that. I would have enjoyed the main story more if they had tipped it a little earlier. I was thinking, "We already saw the Saw rip with Lionel," but it ended up different.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Some more comic guests coming soon For the upcoming episode Society. We will see Hawkman (Michael Shanks), Dr.Fate (Brent Stait) and Stargirl. Also, the Martian Manhunter will be returning.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
And the creative forces are hoping for a 10th season. No, I don't have a link. That'd be a pretty amazing run for any TV series, let alone one based on a comic book. Despite complaints, they've obviously done something right, even if that something is running on a network that has less ratings pressure than the biggies.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'll be there. The show would have to either do something to piss me off or *really* drop in quality for me to bail. Some would say it already has, but I usually enjoy it. It's comfort TV at this point.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

I actually thought this episode was surprisingly well-plotted. I didn't see all of the twists and turns coming like I usually do. And while I prefer Tom Welling as the protagonist, I think Justin Hartley is probably the more interesting actor to watch.
It was a good episode and I;m glad they appear to have wrapped up Oliver's descent arc. The big question in my mind about the episode is how the whole thing was arranged and paid for in the first place. Who were the policemen? Were they just doing a favor there? I guess I shouldn't worry about such details, but ...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This would have been cool:

Oliver: "Chloe, how did you pay for all of this?"

Chloe: "A friend of the network out of Gotham City set it up. . . ."

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
You go, Clark!

I like how they introduced Cat Grant into the mix.

The garish yellow/red stylings of Mia in her street walking outfit was a nice nod to her future as Speedy (Green Arrow's sidekick in the comics).

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The second episode in a row that I really enjoyed. Being almost completely ignorant of Green Arrow's mythology outside the show, the introduction of Mia was a pleasant surprise and by the end one I hoped would continue going forward. The show seriously lacks for female heroes.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That totally rocked! They are on a major roll. If they can just build on this, it could last for years more as far as I'm concerned. I'm all for the mushy stuff between Lois and Clark, which is much more natural than it ever was with Lana.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Good episode last night. And this from someone who rarely tunes in. Clark needs to keep the glasses on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks