Smallville - Season 9 - Casting news

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Greg_S_H, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    The new season starts on September 25. It's on Fridays now.

Brian Austin Green is scheduled to make a guest appearance:

He's playing Metallo in the first two episodes.

Blog@Newsarama Blog Archive Brian Austin Green is Metallo

If I remember right about Metallo:

He's sort of like a Terminator in that he looks like a regular human on the outside, but he's a robot on the inside. In the comics, he's extra-nasty: he's got a kryptonite heart.

I never would have believed it, but he was awesome in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. A BAG appearance is now something to look forward to.

Spoilers in spoiler tags only, please.

2. Jeffery_H

Jeffery_H Supporting Actor

I like the idea of that character I guess making a brief appearance, but I would NEVER classify anything he does as "awesome". He always has been about a B- TV actor at best to me and only passable playing in TSCC.

3. Brian^K

Brian^K Supporting Actor

I'm rather hoping to catch up in time. The last episode we've seen was the second-to-last episode of Season 5. We've got the DVDs through Season 7, and I'm beginning to collect up Season 8 on my DVR. (We're missing episodes 3, 4, 5 and 9. I think episodes 3, 4, and 5 are about to be rerun... but I think I've missed my chance to record episode 9, "Abyss" -- is that going to be a big problem?) We plan on picking Smallville back up this summer, and given how much we have left and how little else there is to watch [​IMG] we'll definitely make it through Season 7 before even the beginning of September.

4. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    You may be totally burned out on it by then! That's a long haul. I don't know how I can answer about the Abyss. It resonates for an episode or two, if I recall.