What's new

Smallville season 8 thread (1 Viewer)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, they wasted a huge amount of time with "filler" episodes that went nowhere in developing the Superman story arc and characters. Things are moving along much better.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I always thought back a few seasons there was an episode where Clark had problems with his eyes, and I even think he was wearing glasses. They should have had someone close to Clark say something like, "Wow, I didn't even recognize you with those glasses on". That would have given him the idea to wear them as Clark when he starts being Superman.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
While I don't think glasses are a very good disguise, I had an incident occur a few years ago when my next door neighbor (literally next door) of 15 years did not recognize me when we met in a store. I wear contacts most of the time but usually did not wear them around the house on weekends unless I'm heading out.

Even after hearing my voice, I had to convince him that I was his long-time neighbor. He'd never seen me without glasses or sunglasses at home.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Another pretty good episode with some things moving forward again. KANDOR! She FREAKING SAID KANDOR RIGHT ON MY TV! If they get around to showing it, and it's in a bottle, I'll have a geekgasm right there. It's good Kara's out of the Zone and out there somewhere. I actually find that I miss her now. She would have fit in better with this new commitment to the mythology.

The Davis thing is starting to pay off. I don't know too much about the comic book character, but I know he was of Krypton and now we find out that Davis is, too.

Mercy probably should have recognized Oliver.

This all would have been so much more enjoyable if my feed hadn't been pixelating out the entire time. I probably missed a quarter of the dialog. And, now I have to wonder all week if it was just a problem on their end or if there's something wrong with my cable. It's happened before and required much digging and much heartache. Maybe I should test record some CW shows to see if it persists. :frowning:

Oh, yeah. There's an episode coming up on Nov 27 that sounds very promising. I won't give anything away, but it's got a cute new actress called Alexz Johnson.

Rocky F

Second Unit

I also got excited at the mention of Kandor, I hope they play more with it somehow. In the current comics, the city has been restored to full size on Earth, so now there are 100,000 more Kryptonians running around. I certainly don't expect Smallville to go there though.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I am glad we're finally seeing where they are going with Davis, and I've got to say I'm okay with it. That was one of those things I was confused how they were going to play it, but I like what they're doing.

As for Oliver, I guess he just proved that glass and voice modulation is enough of a disguise, at least to folk in Smallville and Metropolis.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Where did you see the Alexz Johnson episode of Smallville was going to air on the 27th? I saw that date on Newsarama yesterday, but I think it's wrong. Kryptonsite says its TBA, but the 27th is Thanksgiving, so I doubt there will be a new episode then. Smallville usually has one new episode in December, so they could air it then, but I personally think they'll hold it until January. Either way it should be an awesome episode, and definitely another geek-pleaser.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
For the first time in...forever...Kara did not get on my nerves. She had an actual purpose in the episode which wasn't just to lecture Clark.

Every episode this season has moved the overall story forward in some way, shape or form. Whether it's the JL coming together again or advancing the Davis storyline (btw, Erica Durance was wicked cool being possessed), Smallville feels as though it has a purpose now. Another very solid episode with some OMG moments, as we say in the office.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I really like how they explained Davis. It does make sense. A few other things about the episode.

-When Lois was possessed. She really did seem like another person. The hair was different and her whole demeanor. Great job Erica.

-Good to see how they were dealing with Kara. I knew she couldn't die. And she can't hang around Smallville. I at first thought when we saw Ollie at the end. That she was going to go with him and join the League.

-Good god...Just let Clark learn to fly. Its almost insulting now.

Shaun

Second Unit
I think at this point, the only way they're going to be able to establish a dual identity between Clark and Superman in this version of the character is to have Clark wear a mask when he becomes Superman.

Unless they have some kind of worldwide mind-wipe, I don't see how else they can do it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
No one knows yet, but this appears to be the last year in Tom Welling's contract, so it's up in the air.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Patrick. That's odd though, right? Almost at the half of the season and it hasn't been announced yet? I guess that could mean the show keeps going...

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

SOmeone over at WB needs to pony up the Millions to get Welling for the Next Supes film, being older he looks the part, his acting chops are fine, especially if your using Brandon Routh as your benchmark.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Especially since the replacement for the show - the Graysons just got nixed by WB. Unless they come up with something else to replace the show, they might keep it going.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I could see the series going a more seasons. they are going into a differnt direction with the series. they got new producers and stuff.
I hope that it can go through 10 seasons a least.
Jacob

todd s

Senior HTF Member

A poster named "B" at the Superhero Hype forum made this pic...

A note to all NYC fans. The Jet game will preempt both Smallville and Supernatural Thursday night. They will air both shows on Saturday starting at 6pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks