Smallville season 8 thread

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Was I the only one thinking that Lois Lane should be the last one anybody turns to for proofreading?

2. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    eh, her nose bridge looks too wide for her eyes now, she looks funny, maybe needs a further adjustment.

3. NeilO

NeilO Producer

As she was talking about injustice, I was thinking Injustice League

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

It's weird seeing Clark in a suit after all those years of jeans and flannel.

Chloe's turning into a Brainiac has to be a bit freaky for anyone who knows her special abilities.

Not quite sure I like how they are shoe-horning Davis into the orbit of Clark's circle of friends.

Small world that Tess and Oliver would end up on the same island that was instrumental in pushing Oliver into becoming an expert archer and survivalist. Almost too convenient, though.

5. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Chloe's Brainiacing will probably turn sinister given that this is Smallville, but it could just be the way this version of the DC universe gained an Oracle.

I don't find Tess and Oliver being together on the island too convenient, since it's whatever happened after the island that set her on her current path.

6. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Toxic

Dullsville.
    Very bored by this episode.
    I wish I had something more to say about this epsiode, but I don't.

7. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I am annoyed I missed the first 25minutes. I did like how Tess was called Mercy. A nice nod to the comics.

8. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    In the immortal words of Ralph Kramden "Hummina hummina hummina...Maxima!" Okay, so he didn't say Maxima but my lord (bites knuckles on his clenched fist)!

This season is like hot women palooza, we've got Tess, her hot assistant, Lois, Chloe and now this uber-hottie bent on laying a big ol' smacker on Clark lol.

It's now official that Tess has taken over for Lex, she was knocked down and thrown across the floor of his office. [​IMG]

9. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Instinct

Even though there was eye candy and lots of hints at the whole Lois & Clark future love/relationship. I just didn't like this episode.

and who is this mysterious red x emailer that has the blue crystal and is telling Tess that she's not ready yet?

10. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    Okay, enough. We get how cute and coy the writers are trying to be by dropping references to the future. Tess and the coming big baddie and the return of the JL and the Lois/Clark thing and now a return to really boring crystal-based stories. Good lord, someone cry uncle for crying out loud already.

Quite frankly, the X mailer can only be one of a couple different people: Lex, Lana, Chloe, Lionel or Virgil Swann. My best bet is that Michael Rosenbaum is coming back for a guest appearance in the "near" future and they're setting it all up.

11. NeilO

NeilO Producer

Very nice casting.

12. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Smallville finally was able to tap the hot actress cast list from Supernatural. [​IMG]

13. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

This one kind of surprised me. I've always kind of liked Maxima in the comics, but this is probably the best she's been used in any medium. She's kind of a ridiculous character, after all, but Smallville actually found a way to make her interesting. And on top of that, they did a few things I liked with Tess - it's easy to forget that the whole idea of humanoid aliens running around the Earth is terrifying, considering how much the regulars take it for granted; I liked seeing her realize just what sort of craziness she's gotten herself into.

Of course, she doesn't quite fit in Smallville in some ways - her story is kind of the opposite of the destiny fetish this show has, isn't it?

14. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    A few good character moments but Maxima was a Dud.

15. Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco Cinematographer

I'm glad folks are enjoying the apparent babefest, but none of the female characters do anything for me except Chloe. She's the only female actor I enjoy watching on the show. As for her chemistry with Jimmy, I much preferred her with the paramedic, so my rejection of her with Jimmy isn't just that I wanted her with Clark.

16. JediFonger

JediFonger Producer

YiFeng You
  17. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    ^ Smart, actually. If this is Smallville's last year (big if, considering the ratings), they're going to want something to go along with Supernatural. No current show does-maybe Repear, but CW is fumbling the ball on it.

If this isn't Smallville's last year, grooming a protege is not a bad idea, all things considered. Launch it after Smallville S9 and produce a two hour DC Comics block of programming.

18. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey

As much as I enjoy Smallville they need to go out on top. They should be ending it this season.

19. JediFonger

JediFonger Producer

YiFeng You
    i haven't read all previous posts yet, but this year's episodes have felt like "justice league lite" so far. somn hinted @last year, but really came out full force right now. they're still missing a lot of them, but what they now is still pretty nifty =P.

20. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Geoff Johns is going to be writing a Legion of Superheroes episode. Hopefully that'll be cool.