What's new

Smallville season 8 thread (1 Viewer)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but they really teased you John, cuz Green Arrow talked about Clark wearing a form fitting homemade costume.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
It definitely felt like the new producers are trying to move the show as quickly as possible into a more traditional Superman storyline (Daily Planet, Clark with some actual initiative, etc.), which can only be a good thing in my book.

I wonder when Kara will show up. She's stuck in the Phantom Zone while Braniac goes on impersonating her....

And we better see another cameo of Perry White as played by Michael McKean sometime this season if we're gonna spend more time at the Daily Planet. It only makes sense with Lex out of the picture.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

Actually, the producers are open to a ninth season depending on cast involvement and ratings. I think Tom Welling is already signed through nine. They've talked about plotting this season as a series end but left open for a further season if the network wants it.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

I don't think she's due to show up at all. Maybe they're planning to ask her to make an appearance like they say they will do with Lex and Lana, but I haven't heard anything like that. I don't hear everything, though.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I was surprised she wasn't in the opening credits. I honestly forgot where her they left off with her last Spring.

How 'bout finding that footprint in the snow four weeks after it happened? Guess it doesn't snow much in that area.

I'm honestly getting tired of the remarks and nods regarding what's in store for Clark's future (dual identities, form fitting outfits, etc...). It just amounts to a big tease.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip

Technically, the movie inspired Grant Morrison if anything. Movie in 2000, Morrison started in 2001.

But there was also discussion of coming up with a new Spider-Man costume while the first film was in development, because how retarded would blue and red tights look in real life?

Not very much at all, actually.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Cute nod to Superman with the phone booth scene. With that, Clark at the Planet, and Lois showing more warmth towards him, it already feels like the biggest strides towards the goal in a long time.

Welling's acting was particularly stiff this time around.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
At this rate, we should have Clark in the suit no later than November sweeps. :D

In other news, we're back to the meteor freak of the week. I thought we had gotten WAY past that by now. (And, for the sake of argument, if the story requires a meteor freak, why not use someone we've seen previously instead of brand new people?)

And maybe it was just me, but I really liked the Chloe/Clark talk at the end. It felt real to me. Moreover, these two eps feel like set up for a last season sort of deal. Get Clark to be Superman. Put Chloe and Jimmy in a position to exit stage left. Form the JLA. Move Clark and Lois together.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
While it was a meteor freak of the week episode, at least they are eluding to a longer prospective in Mercer's corraling of them, so a quasi-standalone episode. Are there still phone booths anywhere anymore? Too funny when Lois shoves Clark into one. Chloe's been acting really weird, must be something about running the Isis foundation. Looks like Davis likes to sleep on the streets.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

It looks to be doing precisely that. :emoji_thumbsup:

I ate up last nights episode, finally we're getting to the good stuff, Clark and Lois working together, Clark off the farm and taking care of things in Metropolis, also i'm noticing that Clark is acting a little more mature this season so far, maybe it was the farm that was holding him back.

Here's what's really surprising me, though...i'm not missing Michael Rosenbaum so far! :eek:

And Davis was doing more than sleeping in that alley, what was up with his face?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
^^Ohhhhh! Sweet. :cool:

I forgot to mention Erica Durance and how wll she's slipping into the Lois role. Up until this season she was Lois in name only but now she's starting to look, act and flirt like the classic Lois we all know and love. :emoji_thumbsup:

EDIT:

Maybe i'm seeing things that aren't there but i'm rewatching the episode now and the guys name is Davis Bloom which if you break it apart is 'Da' 'oom', take away the 'a' and you've got 'Doom'.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I never found Lois particularly attractive, but she's been looking liking a lit bundle of dynamite the last two episodes.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Tess was telling Beth the firestarter, that she could join a team, people like her.
Maybe the Legion of Doom?

I liked this episode, even though it seemed like a meteor freak of the week.
It feels that the show is finally moving to the point where it needs to be.
and I love the long shot of where we saw Clark and Lois sitting at their desks with the name plates showing.

But I did cringe at the line Lois said to Clark
"Oh my God, my cousin is babysitting Psycho Spice."

Also with this episode being titled Plastique,you think it would be an intro to Plastic-Man.

I'm sure there are other single word name they could have given this episode that has to do with fire.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Don't forget that she tried to blast Chloe and was stymied by Clark.

I liked the Psycho Spice line, though it is a decade out of date.

Also, somebody mentioned it being a bit too convenient for their to be a telephone booth (too lazy to go back and look), but it fits in the kind of art deco Planet that was pretty much carried over from Returns--the only bit of Returns I really liked. I'm not sure the poster was even saying it was too convenient, or just commenting about the death of the telephone booth in real life. I should get up the energy to click back a page.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks