What's new

Smallville season 8 thread (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, they skipped over it. Like I said before, my broadcast lost about four minutes to weather updates, but I rewatched it online and that scene didn't exist. I did originally miss the street scene where Clark remembered his powers. Thanks for trying to help people avoid tornadoes on the ground, local CW affiliate. :rolleyes

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
meh it's ok. another mediocre one. time to really end it, next season's renewal is a mistake.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Not a mistake for me. The good thing is, being renewed doesn't mean they can force you to watch.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

todd s

Senior HTF Member

+1. With the exception of the Lana storyline. I have been really enjoying this season.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I am a little concerned about this week's ep (from reading the DVR description).

Davis has some kind of childhood connection to Lex? Come on. Not everything has to be or should be interrelated.

But, maybe it'll play out better than it sounds.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
And became a superhero before Clark. I wish Allison had been handed Hex instead of Power. I think her direction was fine but she was let down by the script/story direction.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
No reason for concern. Turned out to be pretty good. I do kind of wish they hadn't had little Davis attack Lex's goon, though. They seemed to be presenting this as "how Clark might have been if he hadn't been found," but we know Clark wouldn't have been a killer five days later. It's in Davis's nature to be that way.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Interesting idea that this episode put forth, what if the Kents had found Davis and Lionel found Clark?

If it is in Davis' true nature to become a killer than he probably would have slaughtered Jonathan and Martha eventually and Clark would have been raised with Luthor values which as we know are not very wholesome.

Just think, we potentially would have ended up with TWO twisted individuals if that scenario had happened. It's cool to think about that because it makes the moment the Kents found Clark all the more special and significant.

Tess was lookin' smokin' tonight.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Maybe it's just me but this entire second half of the season has been a complete bore for me. We've had the Lana arc and then Psycho Jimmy. Just about the only episode I cared for was Clark outing himself to the world-and only the first half of that episode.

While interesting, this just feels like rewriting the history of the show.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

Slower this time for us short bus children. Is it interesting or boring? ;)

I once asked on this very forum what RETCONning is. This episode was Exhibit A. It didn't even take me until the end of the episode to withdraw from the episode somewhat as I sat thinking, "OK, so what are they going to do with his body, leave it in LuthorCorp Labs? Did they wait to make sure he was dead before leaving?" Because even during that scene, it didn't look like he was dying a Kryptonite death to me except for the 1 second where his hand dropped away from touching Chloe through the glass.

But what a monstrous love story. Love of Chloe soothes the savage beast. It's not excellent Smallville, but it's about on average for the show.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I agree 100%!

I looked at my watch at least six times during last night's episode. The "big reveal" that Davis isn't dead was no reveal at all. Not to mention, it was dull, dull, dull! Perhaps if this same scenario hadn't played out COUNTLESS times over the past eight seasons, I'd feel differently. But, as it stands, this is just another in a long line of "treading water" episodes that have become synonymous with this program.

Since the break, Smallville has literally been stuck in a creative ditch. If there are no more mythology advancing stories to tell, then they should just pack it in before it gets completely embarrassing. Another season of "no tights, no flights" is just preposterous IMO. I can't imagine that when Millar/Gough came up with that "rule" they envisioned Smallville going 9 or 10 seasons. I mean really, the fact that Clark still can't figure out how to fly after hob-nobbing with so many flying Kryptonians over the years (especially his cousin Kara) is quite simply idiotic. Flying has always been Superman's signature power. The fact that Clark is now somewhere in his twenties (not to mention working at the Daily Planet) and still NOT flying or fighting crime is just goofy.

"You'll Believe A Man Can Fly!" ... except in Smallville.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It isn't really rewriting history since Davis was all but abandoned and forgotten by Lionel and Lex so that clears up why he was never mentioned again.

Since he wasn't the Travler he was considered inconsequential.

I meant to mention something about Jimmy, this Jimmy is a certified nut case if he sent a profanity-laden email to Chloe like she said. :eek:

WTF is this show doing to our normally wholesome and likable Jimmy Olsen!?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Fine. They're adding to established history. :D I don't buy for a minute Lex or Lionel "forgot" about Davis. They're not those kind of people. They-or Lionel, at least-knew Davis was out there and never ever mentioned it to Clark. Why? Not because he's stupid but because the established history of the show is being changed. At least IMHO.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Chloe said that Oliver was going to take care of the body. So, presumably when Oliver's men arrived on the scene, Davis was already gone. That leads to the question as to why Chloe and/or Clark weren't notified about this before Davis showed up.

Meanwhile, will Tess figure it out? Or will she try to give Clark the challenge by continuing to assemble her "injustice league"?

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I have to agree totally with Gary (pitchman). I'm beginning to lose interest in this show despite the big Superman fan that I am. It is really time for this series to wrap up if the mythos will not proceed to the inevitable conclusion. The next episode doesn't look very promising either.

And Jason is right... the established history of the show has been changed... and not for the better.

Shad R

Supporting Actor
Well, the CW in Denver moved all thier shows up an hour, so I guess I'm done watching Smallville, cause I can't miss The Office or 30 Rock! It was a good run, Smallvielle, and I hope to catch up with you when this season is released on DVD. May your powers over evil prevail, Man of Steel, and may you find truth and honesty in this crazy mixed up world. Oh sure, I will not miss Jimmy or your tiresome plots involving Lana, and I will not miss the terrible "Clark we've always been friends but you betrayed me" "Lex, why are you trying to kill meteor freaks" "Clark, it's for the greater good...something something project 31 something cage something meteor freaks something something aleins." plotlines, but I will miss the adventures you and your friends have had over the years. Alas, Superman, Dwight and Kevin and Liz and Mr. Baldwin need me more.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Despite the really interesting cold opener, another dud. This show has seemed to alternate lately, which probably bodes well for next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks